Hec4sc

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
I bought a Saddlemen BR1800 tactical for my R. It’s a good size for the rack and has a nice Velcro backrest pad. I was able to create a taller backrest for my wife by using the supplied Velcro mount (meant for solo riding with the bag on the passenger pillion) and some 3/8” aluminum rod.

Attachments

• 182C368C-CFEC-4F0B-90B4-58AB3666CB41.jpeg
    182C368C-CFEC-4F0B-90B4-58AB3666CB41.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 7BDA59C9-53F8-42D7-B2BB-3E5F7F2F5FD1.jpeg
    7BDA59C9-53F8-42D7-B2BB-3E5F7F2F5FD1.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 220
  • A56EED66-8278-4987-9E87-FE6CE7B82FE9.jpeg
    A56EED66-8278-4987-9E87-FE6CE7B82FE9.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 216
I bought a Saddlemen BR1800 tactical for my R. It’s a good size for the rack and has a nice Velcro backrest pad. I was able to create a taller backrest for my wife by using the supplied Velcro mount (meant for solo riding with the bag on the passenger pillion) and some 3/8” aluminum rod.
Nice, i'm looking at tail bag options. Looks like a decent size. How is the luggage rack? It says it can only hold 6 lbs so i would be afraid to put anything on it with that restriction.

Nice, i'm looking at tail bag options. Looks like a decent size. How is the luggage rack? It says it can only hold 6 lbs so i would be afraid to put anything on it with that restriction.
I haven’t had too much weight on it, but others have posted no issues with loading it up.

I've had three one gallon jugs of tea on it. A gallon of water is ~8.2 lbs. So 24.6 lbs plus the weight of the larger lamonster garage luggage rack, plus a giant viking soft bag. It has held up fine so far.

Last edited:
I spoke to a Triumph guy about the weight issue on the rack and he said (off the record!) that it was a stability issue that led the weight restriction (and also the fear of a law suit!) If you look at the manual Triumph give a weight limit of 5kg for a pillion mounted bag and I have yet to see a 5kg pillion passenger on a motorcycle! ;) The final comment the Triumph guy said was to make sure the rack bag was securely and tightly strapped to the sissybar, this will help spread the weight.

I spoke to a Triumph guy about the weight issue on the rack and he said (off the record!) that it was a stability issue that led the weight restriction (and also the fear of a law suit!) If you look at the manual Triumph give a weight limit of 5kg for a pillion mounted bag and I have yet to see a 5kg pillion passenger on a motorcycle! ;) The final comment the Triumph guy said was to make sure the rack bag was securely and tightly strapped to the sissybar, this will help spread the weight.
Good to know!

F08EA7E8-991A-4AAE-93FA-3EB14E10E210.jpeg

I guess my tail bad is a bit small but I got the right boots.:roll:
I am not a fan of blacked-out bikes, but Triumph perfectly nailed the 'blackness balance' on the TFC, IMHO. You simply must do something about those poached-egg-size (US-version) indicators, though. They look like they belong on an old pickup truck (-:

Either the OEM ones fitted on European models or .

Nice, I have something similar, same brand, issue is that IT IS WAY TOO HEAVY for that luggage rack, so be mindful.
Cheers
LCL

I am not a fan of blacked-out bikes, but Triumph perfectly nailed the 'blackness balance' on the TFC, IMHO. You simply must do something about those poached-egg-size (US-version) indicators, though. They look like they belong on an old pickup truck (-:

Either the OEM ones fitted on European models or .
They are big and gay but very functional. Over here we need at the light we can get to be noticed.

Back