Newbie owner looking for advise

notcvrd

Standard Bore
I have an 06 classic on the way, I have ordered the Thunderbike Exhaust and a Tune Boy. In looking at the tunes, which one would be the best match for my bike and do you all recommend the under seat K&N mod?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated (except any negitive ones :rolleyes: )

Thanks -

Jim
La Crosse, WI

Hey Paul don't know if you have seen this or not I have listed every exhaust for the Rocket I could find in this thread.

Link Removed

And there are several sound clips here of some of them

Link Removed

We need to start a campaign to get you an exhaust system before Sturgis.

Well that shoots me down I'll bet it's one of those slow-leak Black models

Wait! I hear Pig9r coming?

HeR3tic I thank you for holding your tongue. I am assuming that Pig9r has a black one and since he has already given his opinion I can say this, I would never get a black bike you are right, too slow :p mine is red & white. :eek:

Yep Her3tic, I can't stay away from this.:cool:

Thunderbike eliminates the cat box right?

I would do the 20050_1 tune from the tuneboy website.

If the decel popping is annoying I would try DougL's 20050DynoFinalMap TOR Catbypass decel or my smoothdecel2 tune. Both posted here http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=284

Thanks Pig9r, from looking at the posts I was hoping you would chime in on this one - the Thunderbike does eliminate the cat box. As soon as everything is delivered and it stops snowing, I will give them a try.

Jim- I have conducted several scientific studies on the subject of the fastest color. I found the red colored bikes to be just as fast as the black colored bikes, however putting them together adds to the power and speed concurrently.....so I got the super fast combination of red and black. :D :D

More color wars....

Pig9r:

Jellybeans are red and black too so what.:D

Our new victim has a red and white, just like me. Red and white, like a candy cane not some old gooey jellybean that melted on the floor of your car and made a mess.

I was enjoying the YouTube video so much I dropped the post. I wonder if our R3's if held stationary under full thrust for more than 20 seconds would rip up the asphalt like the 747? Or would it simply grenade the tire? The Citroen never stood a chance.:eek:

Your quest for power is unrelentless. My quest for comfort has arrived....the R3.

...Thanks Pig9r, from looking at the posts I was hoping you would chime in on this one - the Thunderbike does eliminate the cat box. As soon as everything is delivered and it stops snowing, I will give them a try.

I knew Pig was lurking:D

Putting a system on a new bike is too easy. The advise to take care in R&R dealing with the "rope" gaskets, AND the advise provided herein (forum) should be well heeded. I struggled with my method. I'm sure there are smarter suggestions in gasket removal.

It's so easy a cyclops could do it.

Last edited:
Back