New Tsukayu bags & flyscreen!

Is that is these 'U' bars?

U Shape Bar for Hard Saddlebags

Resize%20of%20U%20shape%20bar%20on%20bike.JPG

They seem to have a great range of R3 gear!

Tsukayu Fairing, Hard Saddlebags and Touring Trunk
Yes it takes the sway out of the setup

Are you still able to ride 2 up, am considering these also, but maybe in the large version which are nearly 7 gallons of storage on each side, the jumbos are around 10 gallons each side, course you can never have too much room. I start to get a little nervous with the wider bags, they do sit nicely close to the bike though. Did you go with the quick release or the universal set up?

thanks

hoopla

Thanks!

I went on there and see a note about the R3T, that the bags would rise above the fender, and that only "Jumbo short" are recommended.

Your thoughts?

The shorts are 5.5 gallons each look really good to me, maybe the best looking too, if you can get by with that much space then....
I ride 2 up all the time so am going for either the large or the jumbo!

Hoopla

Are you still able to ride 2 up, am considering these also, but maybe in the large version which are nearly 7 gallons of storage on each side, the jumbos are around 10 gallons each side, course you can never have too much room. I start to get a little nervous with the wider bags, they do sit nicely close to the bike though. Did you go with the quick release or the universal set up?

thanks

hoopla
If I was ordering today, I'd go with the next size down, as they are pretty wide, although still narrower than the crash bars.

I used the standard brackets, which are pretty simple, but they worked well enough and the bags are nice & tight. I did have to use some longer hardware and spacers to get everything together though.

I had my wife sit on the bike when I was putting them on, and the leg clearance was about the same as the factory leather bags.

I almost went with the shorter ones, but I always seem to find myself putting long stuff in there, and I wanted at least as much room as the factory bags. These are actually quite a bit larger, I think the larges would have been big enough.

I'm really interested in the Jumbo, if they fit -- and by fit, like you -- I want my pillion to be able to ride and mount dismount without gymnastics.

Please let us know.

I'm really interested in the Jumbo, if they fit -- and by fit, like you -- I want my pillion to be able to ride and mount dismount without gymnastics.

Please let us know.
Well, like I said these are the Jumbos. To my wife, getting on the bike at all involves gymnastics. She only rides with me a few times a year. But the bags are no worse than the originals. To be honest , what I REALLY wanted were the bags off the Touring model...... but I couldn't find a decent pair in the right color for a reasonable price after a year of looking. Why would you want to get rid of them for aftermarket bags? Not big enough?

I will also say, mine do rise above the fender some, so the shorts might be a better choice if you can live without the depth.

I went on there and see a note about the R3T, that the bags would rise above the fender, and that only "Jumbo short" are recommended.
Your thoughts?
Simple choice - What matters most? - Looks or Capacity?.
My cases are 43litres each (just short of 10 US Gallons). Even with the small top case I run out of space.
Problem with cases is they are the first thing to go if you drop the bike. So I treat them as disposable.

Back