New Triumph Tourer Spied

Pig9r

Living Legend
These are the first spy photos to reveal the final look of Triumph's new 2.3 litre tourer based on the Rocket III.

The new bike might share the Rocket's engine, but the bodywork, suspension and chassis are all new, suggesting it will be marketed as a completely separate model rather than just as a Rocket derivative.

With fixed panniers, a front screen, reshaped fuel tank and a single headlight rather than the Rocket's twin lights, it's style is distinctively different to the Rocket, offering a more traditional look. The suspension revisions include new right-way-up forks, new rear springs to cope with the extra weight of the panniers and inevitable passenger, and new wheels. The frame is lengthened at the front and features extra bracing to stiffen it, a modification needed to cope with the bike's extra weight.

The new tourer will be officially revealed this summer, and should be on sale by the end of the year at around £15,000.

Read more details on the new Triumph in the new look MCN out today, May 2, 2007.

From MCN.com, by Ben Purvis

For more photos: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...may-6/may0207triumphtourerspied/?&R=EPI-90926

Hope Triumph does not think the NEWTOURER will sway any Goldwing riders to switch bikes, Triumph has to do a lot more than this to win any serious long distance riders. Like what they have done with the exhaust, the Rockets exhaust system is the ugliest part of the bike(and that is saying something) looks like a drunk wh**e lying and waiting.:bch:

I guess I'm missing something... I thought I just bought a bagger.
See Bags, dresser bars, windscreen. Is it me.. or do we already have one available to us.

Link Removed

:D
I guess I'm missing something... I thought I just bought a bagger.
See Bags, dresser bars, windscreen. Is it me.. or do we already have one available to us.

Link Removed

Im a bagger guy too. You didn't miss a thing, neither did I. This is about owners who want everything but the kitchen sink on the bike when it leaves the showroom floor and then want to ***** about the price of all those things. What you have is a 'Bagger with balls':D

I am willing to bet that there will be a full fairing and lowers that will either come with it or be an option. The article said the frame is different so maybe there will be some other stuff going on?

Back