No, I've got dibs on the first scratch! Enjoying the Wing, It's no Rocket but what is?. One thing about it, the bling is endless. It's smooth and has lots of power, just not the uniqueness of the Roc. The wife loves it and that counts for a lot. Still messing with the highway peg placement. That fairing is plenty wide and hard to get your legs around but I'll get er done. One thing I really like is the mirrors. They are smooth at any speed and big enough that the wife can see behind us. I now have parts of my Rocket in the Northwest, Northeast and over in England. It'd be neat to see my old Roc at a gas station or cafe somewhere.:cool:

Hi Mark
Friend of mine bought a new wing in 2002 and he's done close on 200,000miles on it
and as far as i'm aware it hasn't missed a beat :cool:
Great bike Mark..enjoy it :)

Ray

I just sat on one at the dealer the other day while picking up some oil. **** that is one comfortable bike! The salesman showed me the rear hard bag storage and central locking system, he reached up under the rear of the top box where the handles are hidden and pulled them all at the same time .... that was so **** cool seeing them all open at once with the gas struts. I was so fascinated by the way they opened that I just had to shut them all and do it again. :cool:

It was a yellow '11 with that fancy stereo/CB/intercom system, I love how the Ipod and accessories have their own pockets with the cords built right into the inside of the storage compartments. He offered a test ride in the spring once he found out I rode a Rocket, they want to know first thing that you can handle a bike that size before you can even think about trying one out. The sticker shock was $23,000 :eek: and that ain't in Peso's either. LOL
He said that it was the "cheap one"... I guess there are two more accessory package upgrades that make them even more money. WOW.

Hellfire...I know you are probably just in the looking stage and may never own one...but if you ever do get serious about getting one...check out the Gold Wing forum (www.gl1800riders.com) and it is like this site, sort of, lots of info and one hint on that price...you can probably get anyone of them for about at least $2,000 off of that sticker price if not more...depends on the dealer and how much they want to move one.
On my 2006 GW I got around $2,400 off of the price and that was for the, at the time, Level three (cold/heat package, audio and NAV) package.
If you do go for a test ride...a common piece of advice on the forum is bring your wallet or your checkbook as you will more than likely want to own it (sort of like the Rocket)...they are fast.

Dennis

122 dtg Dubai
123 dtg Home for good!

The Wing Still Rules!

Great and venerable bike. The Wing has held fast for a long time and still has a huge fan base. Very complete package. Very well engineered. More reliable than almost any other bike. Comfortable. A tremendous after-market for upgrades and bling!:D What's not to like?

A stealor here in Denver...actually Aurora...has some nice Wings AND one of all time favorites: two (last time I visited) Valk's!!! I like the look of the Valk as much or more than the look of our R3's:D Killer bikes! The jury is still in recess on the short lived Rune.

I just sat on one at the dealer the other day while picking up some oil. **** that is one comfortable bike! The salesman showed me the rear hard bag storage and central locking system, he reached up under the rear of the top box where the handles are hidden and pulled them all at the same time .... that was so **** cool seeing them all open at once with the gas struts. I was so fascinated by the way they opened that I just had to shut them all and do it again. :cool:

It was a yellow '11 with that fancy stereo/CB/intercom system, I love how the Ipod and accessories have their own pockets with the cords built right into the inside of the storage compartments. He offered a test ride in the spring once he found out I rode a Rocket, they want to know first thing that you can handle a bike that size before you can even think about trying one out. The sticker shock was $23,000 :eek: and that ain't in Peso's either. LOL
He said that it was the "cheap one"... I guess there are two more accessory package upgrades that make them even more money. WOW.

Yeah 23K aint peanuts but It's no great shucks when compared to the sticker shock of a Victory Vision (very Star Trek) or an upper end Harley! I readily agree that both Victory bikes and many HD's have improved substantially in recent years...I love six speed gearboxes and the fit and finish of these well tended/appointed T-Twins...but neither really supplants the Wing. For Touring I'd jump for one, or the new BMW. 23 large is worth it for this steed!:cool:

Cool grownup "banana bike" (someone had to say it 1st), snuff! I have always been a huge Honda fan and the Wing is their touring "Belle of the Ball", for sure

Here's wishing you nothing but many safe and happy miles and smiles. Enjoy that uber cruiser, Cap'n!.

Was the Honda Goldwing ever called a Goldwing "Interstate", or was that a different bike? I remember back in '82-'83 a buddy had his dad's bike for the day and I was amazed at all the switches on the hand grips. I thought it said "Interstate" on the fairing but that was long ago and my memory ain't so good anymore. I was a Yamaha nut back then as well.

Back