i really dont know why the turbo guys havent done this.. there are alot more wings than the bussa's etc.

is that a new bike or did u pick it up used ? if you dont mind what did u pay for it.

see im think'n 85 wing $3200 r3 $8k...hmmmmm brow beating turbo guys till they make a turbo for the wing.. priceless
Probably 'cause it would melt all that STUFF!! lol

Just had a Steve Martin flash-back. :D

Snuff, I'm surprised that it has the heated seats (does it also have the heated grips?) for that level of Gold Wing. When I bought my 06 with the NAV it came with the heated stuff that is what separated it from the base model.

As for the NAV being only a moving map...I have to disagree with your salesman he doesn't have a clue to what he is talking about. It will route a trip for you, the main complaint against it was you couldn't input the GPS while "on the fly", which to me is pretty dangerous to be doing anyway...taking your eyes off of the road for too long...) and you couldn't upload/download waypoints and trips (a legimate complaint but, to me, useless feature). Also he forgot to tell you that with the NAV you can get XM's weather map feature which shows you real time (or within 5 minutes) weather on the 7 inch "map" screen. Plus since it is built in it is pretty much not able to be stolen unlike one you hang onto your handlebars.

Well you don't have it so it's no biggie but nothing ticks me off more than a salesman who doesn't know his product.

Anyway, keep enjoying it...do you see by what I mean by when I said it was FAST?

Dennis

11 dtg KAF
15 dtg Dubai
16 dtg Thunderbird'n time

130 dtg Dubai
131 dtg HOME for good!

They told me that this was the first year for the base model to come with heated grips and seat. I've been taking it easy on it till I break it in. But I did race a Wing a while back and was impressed with it's speed and he didn't look as small in my rear view mirror as most bikes would have.

That's good to hear they included the heat items in the base model. Just thought another reason why some GW riders didn't like the NAV...you had to have it to get ABS...they wanted ABS without having to get the NAV and to me that was a more reasonable reason to not like it.

Dennis

11 dtg KAF
15 dtg Dubai
16 dtg Thunderbird'n time

130 dtg Dubai
131 dtg HOME for good!

Mark, glad you still got that penny.
if you'd like some for the others in your heart,
kids, grandkids (when the time comes) whoever,
just let me know, I give em away to folks all over the country.
skip
Keep hangin around and get comfortable with your wing.
ride safe my friend whatever you ride,
skip

The packages were quite interesting ...heated seats to get the NAV, the NAV to get ABS, and ABS to get the Air Bag. One would think you should have to have the Air Bag to get the NAV so when your looking down and run into the back of a car ... the Air Bag can go off and save your ars. LOL :D

It was probably a good idea to get that 2010 Gold Wing. The info on the "new" 2012 is out and it starts out (base price) at around $23 some odd thousand. They improved the Nav on it (though I'm sure there will still be a lot of belly aching about it on the Gold Wing forums), a little more storage on the saddlebags. Different seat cover material and a "Victory Vision" like "new" rear end. It is Ipod / Mp3 player capable now (and controllable from the handlebars), has a storage area where the audio controls used to be (for non-airbag models) but......and this is what finally killed it for me...the same 1832cc engine with the 5 speed gear box.

Since you have ridden it you know the 1832 cc engine is no slouch but I (after having a Rocket) was hoping for some increase in displacement or at least going for a four valve per cylinder set up...no dice...same engine and I imagine the same torque (used to be 125 ft/lbs...not sure if that ever changed) and HP (used to be listed at 118).

So it looks like I'll continue to shoot for the R3T for my "touring" needs come this fall or later if it looks like they'll have new color choices to choose from.

Dennis

123 dtg Dubai
124 dtg Home for good!

nice bike. I was considering a gl1800 when i was looking for bikes. I went with the r3 because you dont see them very often. and i have a soft spot for triumph's (and vw's) my dad has a gl1800 and he has nothing but good things to say about it.

Hey Snuff,, can i put the first scratch on your wing at MV????

at least you will know who did it:D:p

Back