sparklyman

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3R
Hi All
2023 R3 delivered Wednesday ... 1 mile on the clock
Unfortunately discovered fresh oil in various places under the sump - now looking for where it might have originated from, so hoping to find some answers here ...
Dealership has told me not to ride it until they can recover it to a a Triumph workshop
Not the greatest of starts ....

Welcome from sunny North Texas. I had a similar thing happen to a brand new Dodge 1500 PU only it was transmission fluid. Apparently they didn't bother cinching the hoses into the trans fluid cooler for the tow package and the tranny pumped all the ATF fluid out on our drive home. The dealer had to send a wrecker to pick it up.

Hi All
2023 R3 delivered Wednesday ... 1 mile on the clock
Unfortunately discovered fresh oil in various places under the sump - now looking for where it might have originated from, so hoping to find some answers here ...
Dealership has told me not to ride it until they can recover it to a a Triumph workshop
Not the greatest of starts ....
OMG...should be BONE DRY!!

Thanks for all the welcomes !
Due to work.weather, have only managed 3 trips and about 90 miles since delivery.
No more oil - gasket at the rear of the crankcase (between suspension drag links) misting a little, as is the oil filter interface, but no drips anywhere.
I now believe the sump plugs may have been weeping during transit from the factory, and never got picked up at PDI (?) or it happened during transit from dealer to me, but I would of thought a Euro5 ticket would mean there are no cranckcase breathers venting to atmosphere, so oil couldn't of slopped out during transit ?
Waited 10 days for the bike to be collected, through the Triumph Assist scheme (RAC) to take it to my closest dealer for inspection, but RAC just couldn't get their act together - finally sent a recovery truck big enough to get a transit fan on, but he got lost - when asked, driver said bike was going to be left on the back of it overnight ( during some of the most incelement weather we've had on record ....) so I declined the collection whilst he was still trying to find my address.
Dealer has now arranged for bike to be collected by my nearest dealer, in a Van ...
Yeah - not the best start, but the fact that there has been no more leaks adter 90 miles has kind of put my mind at rest somewhat ...
Will update you all in 4 weeks time ....

Back