Welcome, Gene! I always like to see new forum members who know what a paragraph is!

You're a brave man, or crazy, or both (typical of R3 owners) to fly halfway across the country on a jet and then return home on an unfamiliar rocket.

Thanks for your service to our country, and that's a very nice R3 you got there.

Too bad I didn't know you were going to get lost in Tyler...my brother lives there and would have been happy to put you up for the night or at least give you some good directions. I think the roads being so crazy there are some weird result of being a big town in the middle of a giant pine forest.

Welcome to the site. Thanks for your service to our country and enjoy your new ride. Nothing quite like tripling the displacement:)

+10 on that and welcome.

You defiantly did it right by getting your skills back on a smaller bike first. My father inlaw brought a brand new roadking last year a crashed on mile 28, spent a week in the hospital and two weeks at my house. He laid her down 2 more times before mile 50. It had been 15 years since his last bike. The roadking now belongs to his son, he crashed 2 weeks ago. :eek:

Anyway I'm sure you'll love the beast, and this forum.:)

Ditto

Thanks for your service, and enjoy the bloody Rocket - It's no less than superb!

I wanted to thank everyone for all of the welcoming comments, which really made me feel quite at home in this forum. The numerous suggestions, links, pictures, etc. which were provided in response to my expressed interest in saddle bags and handle bars was very helpful in getting me started down the right path.

I'm still reading as many topics and threads as I can, in hopes that I won't ask some annoying question which has already been asked and answered a hundred times. There is really a mountain of useful information buried in these threads, not to mention a good bit of raw humor, tips on animal husbandry (with sheep), and dissident political commentary. I'm pretty sure I'll fit right in with this group.

Meanwhile, I plan to keep riding as much as I can during the Fall and Winter. Hey, if it's above 40 degrees and there's no ice on the roads - I'm out there! I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you in person as the scheduled riding events come up on the schedule.

Gene

Welcome from and to Colorado

Gene:

Welcome to the "fun with horsepower" club! Nice looking bike - ignore the color barbs - red is definitely the faster (but safer) color!!! Nice looking bike - minus the boards - just like mine!! Put Colorado in your ride plans (you can pretty much count on mid-May through (usually) October for great rides and roads.

Am looking forward to having the aforementioned Rivco risers (after 27,000) this week and a new set of rubber (going Avon after many Metzlers).

- Andy

Hi Gene and welcome to the forum, superb choice of bike, don't listen to andy, black is much faster than red, unless it's a combination of both and then it's really fast :eek:
Enjoy that bike and ride safe.

rayjay

Back