Damd8279

.040 Over
Just put some new pics in my album of the new paint job, winter makeover now complete. Paint job is Black Cherry pearl marbelized flames over the original black paint job, pics dont do it justice - subtle in low light - awesome in the direct sunlight.......

Attachments

• DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 220
  • DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 472
Great Job

Whoever did your paint job is an artist. I always like the design that you have to look twice to see all the nuances in the paint. The Black Cherry really goes well with the black engine and the chrome. Now that you're turning to summer, it's time for me to get to the planning board and think about new paint. Probably going with a very deep, candy apple red. Simple and to the point. That's the great thing about the bikes is how individual each person can express themselves. You did good!

Nice paint job Damd8279. Somebody knows how to lay down some fine work. Bike looks great and you are the one I stole my rear plate modification from.

OK.... Don't be puttin' stuff up here like that without all the facts :D

Is that Urathane?? House of Kolor? What grit did he use for the final wet sand? What did he use to rub it out? How thick is that clear coat or how many clear coats? How did he prep the black?

It does look awesome, you did good!

Is that Urathane?? House of Kolor? What grit did he use for the final wet sand? What did he use to rub it out? How thick is that clear coat or how many clear coats? How did he prep the black?

Tomo:

What the hell is Urathane? Sounds like an agricultural pesticide.

It is an awesome paint job. Looks a mile deep.

****, I just forked over the cash, but I do know this much: New coat of black to get out all imperfections, then marbelized flames are done by 1 coat of silver (wrapped in clingwrap to sweat and make the wrinkly effect), then 5 coats of candy over the silver, then 7 coats of clear with rubs in between to get the 2 surfaces at the same height.....

Splendid:).

Yet the question: How thick it is? should not be brushed (pun intended) aside. I just got a surface dent in my custom-painted tank (layers of clear coat over a layer or two of metallic Jag racing green over a layer of micro metalflake silver) and that dent, relatively-speaking, is incredibly deep (BTW, it was just another Rocket III that dunnit to me. The owner "lost" it while parking it next to mine on a slippery parking lot. The handlebar hit my tank).

The custom paint shop that did the superb Jag finish in the firt place says that the dent can't be patched. Largely owing to the thickness of the paint, a whole, sanding, prep 'n prime and multiple respray job is in order. :(

Jamie

Back