Welcome from Germany! Sounds like quite a deal. Make sure she's had the transmission update, if not have him kick in half the repair cost, second gear loss is a matter of when not if. Still wouldn't trade her for any other bike though! As for the bars, I'm 5'8" never had a problem, though I know some guys have added the rivco risers (and a longer clutch cable).

I am buying a new to me 2005 Rocket 3 on Monday. Is has 10,000 miles with windshield, bags and a few other goodies for $4500. I wasn't really looking to buy but couldn't pass up that price. I have always liked big cruisers and they don't get much bigger than this. I am looking forward to taking my first ride on a rocket!
Welcome aboard. That's a great price. I picked up my 2005 standard in June and can't stay off of it, I'll even go to the grocery store.

Put $300 down on it last night. Another $4200 this week and she is all mine. Windshield, Triumph bags, TOR exhaust, heated grips, running lights, passenger and driver backrest, tour pack, passenger floor boards, chrome clock on bars and dime size dent in the tank that didn't go through the paint. Sorry, it is black. It was pooring down rain so I didn't test ride but I did get to hear her run. Sounds like an angry tractor at idle, but like nothing else I have ever heard when she is rev'd which is exactly what I wanted to hear. I am 5'11 and those handlebars feel like they are a mile away. I may be searching the site for a fix to that.
Welcome, have you gotten your beast home? And the bars aren't too bad. The R3 has a fairly standard roiding position, or if you are 5' 1/2" like me, you do the superman! This bike can make you a super hero!

Hello Chizzo and welcome from VA. I do a fair amount of work in Hagerstown so maybe we can meet up at the Tilted Kilt for a beer in two weeks...

Back