Chizzo

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 Rocket
I am buying a new to me 2005 Rocket 3 on Monday. Is has 10,000 miles with windshield, bags and a few other goodies for $4500. I wasn't really looking to buy but couldn't pass up that price. I have always liked big cruisers and they don't get much bigger than this. I am looking forward to taking my first ride on a rocket!

Wow, that price is a steal.
I told my wife I didn't have a choice but to buy it. I bought a 2009 650 VSTROM just a few months ago for $3000 and used the same excuse. NADA on the VSTROM is $6000 but realistically is worth maybe $4500. I was going to wait until next year and was considering the Valkyrie before the R3 post came up on craigslist. I don't' think I will be disappointed. I had an FJR1300 that I thought was going to be mine for a while but my Durango ran over it. Oops. I paid $3500 for the FJR and the insurance totaled it and gave me $8750 so I am riding for free at this point.

Welcome to the Forum from Sunny South Florida You sound like quite the horse trader. But you'll soon know that there's noting like lighting the fuse and launching a Rocket!

Welcome to the forum. Runaway Durangos can be a problem, but occasionally do one a favor. You will like the Beast. Ride it safely and post up some photos when you can.

We trudge on.

G'day and welcome. Where in PA are you? There is a big chunk that is considered Harley country (near the factory), and that is always fun to ride on the RIII.

I am in Greencastle which is just over the state line from Maryland on I81. I will definitely put up some pics when I get the bike. I am glad to see that this is an active forum. I have done my fair share of trading horses. I have always made $$$ on the deals except for the first one I bought and sold, but back then I was young and foolish. I'm sure I will show my maturity the first time on the Rocket. I did love my floorboards on my vulcan classics that I had (2 1500cc) so I might be looking to change out the pegs. We shall see.

Back