Hey DrewE, Welcome to the site for Brisbane, Where you from?
I have a 2010 R3R Matt Black of course (Shut up Canberra and hanso), I am 44 this year and pay AUD$430 yearly, I have lost my license twice and have been on this license for 15 years or so (been pretty good) I went through InsureMyRide.com.au on line and saved 25%.

Awesome Bike

who do you insure with mate? thats cheap! I'm actually 39 (even though I tell everyone I'm 23 but look **** for my age) been licensed since my 18th bday, racing since I was 15 never once had a bingle (on the road) had a car vandalised 9 years ago and claimed a repaint ( no fault - well kinda, driving a Lamborghini into west melbourne and leaving parked on street around the corner from a drug and alcohol rehab centre probably does lay fault on me) but I am paying over 1k pa for my 2010. Is it Melbourne premiums or the fact that I'm under 40?

$430 is cheap! I pay a little more than that and presumably have less cover - Swan Insurance in Perth. Would be interested to know who Mittzy's with too. You do need to look closely at what you're covered for - e.g. helmet, gear, new for old, loaner/rental etc. I've got the works with Swan for under $500.

Don't know for sure about Melbourne but it shouldn't cost twice as much as Canberra or Brisbane. But with AAMI (car) there's quite a big difference between suburbs in Canberra so you never know what they base it on.

$430 is cheap! I pay a little more than that and presumably have less cover - Swan Insurance in Perth. Would be interested to know who Mittzy's with too. You do need to look closely at what you're covered for - e.g. helmet, gear, new for old, loaner/rental etc. I've got the works with Swan for under $500.

Don't know for sure about Melbourne but it shouldn't cost twice as much as Canberra or Brisbane. But with AAMI (car) there's quite a big difference between suburbs in Canberra so you never know what they base it on.

Here is the link,
I have cover for my gear also i think up to $1000 wich is enough for my gear.
This is all done on line......
Motorbike Insurance | Motorcycle Insurance Australia | InsureMyRide

Welcome to the forum Drew E, For what its worth I have a pretty clean record etc minor infringements, (wont go there) but it takes a few years to get experience and a good insurance record. I pay $427.46 per year fully comp for the Rock and thats with Shannons but I have had a number of bikes with them over the years, Melb pricing here. It also depends on what kind of policy you want so get quotes from them all. Enjoy the site and enjoy your riding. Cheers M. :)

Back