New member, would like to know what you thinkk about new law in Texas?

My guess is that it will only matter when you get it inspected. I have a solo seat so no pax, but I still have the stocker for inspections and I'm hoping the strap is sufficient. If not I'm gonna weld up some seriously stupid looking $hit to bolt on my bike once a year just to make a point

how about a couple of rings on the strap
key rings would be nice:roll::roll:

BTW...I have Greg Abbots email address and if I have to do that I plan on sending him an appropriate email with pics attached

Morris, i hope you are right about the just for inspection comment, i travel to your neck of the woods often and i don't want to pay any tickets!

But the tropper on the news program stated hand holds on both sides of the bike for the passenger to hold onto while riding.
Maybe Texas has been taking to my wife - despite footboards and a topcase SHE insisted on handholds - she's fairly wee and the side case handles were out of reach.

@40mmrrsmith
Welcome to the forum from WA!

WAIT a minute here . . .
Are you telling us that even with a solo seat mounted, you must still carry some passenger hand hold AND pegs???

Hello 40 and welcome from VA from a Texas transplant. Malorie's law is a misguided piece of work. Malorie would have died regardless of hand holds. The bike she was on hit the curbe and tossed her off, hand holds would not have prevented her flight. She was wearing a helmet as well. Unfortunately, it was her time to go. As for the law, hand holds can be a strap and it only applies to a bike when two are on it. Single seat bikes need not worry and I understand that bikes with a pillion need not worry if there is no passenger. Still, it was a waste of time and passed by people who do not understand the effects of a bad get off...

Just an idea....... A Quick Release handle could be made to attach to the EZ bracket mounts on the sissy bar kit that i have available... Any body would be welcome to get this made up if it would help..

Back