New member, would like to know what you thinkk about new law in Texas?

Just an idea....... A Quick Release handle could be made to attach to the EZ bracket mounts on the sissy bar kit that i have available... Any body would be welcome to get this made up if it would help..

***cing genius...well done Mittzy :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site from New Jersey, Smitty.

In answer to your query... what Boog said covers it. My waist or my belt never failed any passengers of mine and it kept them closer, too!;)

Oh, and forget about all the bother with Mittzy's idea (a really good one, BTW) and just run a bungie cord under the seat for your pillion to use as a (redneck) handle.

This "law" doesn't even seem safe, much less make any sense. My guess (without having read the actual law document) is that inspections will not require handholds as the law only goes into effect when you have a passenger. I also don't see how it would apply to bikes with solo seats, but hey...government usually doesn't make sense. It is also one thing to have a law, and another to enforce it. Sure, there's probably gonna be some cops that might make an issue out of this, but this falls right into the law against "spitting on the sidewalk" category.

Texas law..........hmmmmm. Could be trying too sell saddles with horns. Must be tired of following Cali safety regs s they come out, now trying to be first.

For practical riding . . .

Most of the time, I don't ride two up. The grab rails are typically sturdy enough to secure items, greatly enhancing the utility of our beasts.

https://rideapart.com/articles/carry-absolutely-anything-motorcycle

man-on-motorcycle-transporting-ducks.jpg

They're ducks. Good to see they treat them slightly better than their people.

Thank you
if they mounted them ducks on the outside it would be the first flying motorcycle.
well trained you could have one nice business in transporting whatever.

Back