New Member Checking in

Welcome to the forum mate enjoy the new beast. Is this an actual pic of your bike because that doesn't have Jardines on it ? And silver engine in an 07 ? fairly sure they all had black engines by then not sure she is an 07 mate

Ah ok didnt see your post Richard come to think of it i remember hearing Triumph doing something like that to run out stock

WELCOME!!!
The higher end Springfields (TRPs, TMs) including the Custom Shop models are all finished machined and assembled in Illinois from Brazilian-produced forgings.
They will have NM prefix serial numbers as well as a Genesco rollmark.

You are the first person in the 15 years I've been using that screenname to figure out where I got it. I was signing up for THR when I bought my first handgun, a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec, and that's the name that came to mind. Kind of handy too that it lets people know I'm from Illinois, but throws them off the trail a little at the same time.

Welcome from yet another naked rider. Wouldn't surprise me if your bike is actually a quite rare Tourer. These were '07 Classics with silver engines and done up originally with screen, bags, sissy bar. Pretty much all other post '06 Rockets have black engines. Guzzis of course are V-twins too but I do know what you mean. ;) Love the intro; class mate. :thumbsup: Good to have you join us.

That's interesting. That is a picture of my bike, and it does have all the things you mention. I have head of the tourer models, but didn't know it was just an accessorized Classic. The side panels do say 'classic'.

LOL you're right about the Guzzis, but at least they do something different with the V-twin. I kinda like the Ducati Monster for the same reason. I would even kinda like to have an original Buell. Basically anything but a traditional Harley or a clone. Not that I don't respect Harley, but that's ALL you see around here in the midwest. Harleys and supersports. All the same. All trying to outchrome, outleather, and outLOUD each other.

Welcome to the forum mate enjoy the new beast. Is this an actual pic of your bike because that doesn't have Jardines on it ? And silver engine in an 07 ? fairly sure they all had black engines by then not sure she is an 07 mate

I'm not sure what the exhaust is. It is a 3-2, and the PO called it Jardine. They look like the current D&D's, but they've been on there a long time. I thought I saw where Jard made a 3-2 system way back when, so that's what I'm calling them until someone tells me better.

I didn't believe it was an 07, either, but I did read about 07 Classics having silver engines still. The production date markings on the bike show summer of '06, but it is titled as an 07, so either way could be right. Personally, I prefer the silver engines. Makes 'em even more obvious and emphasizes the size. I've already had a couple people stop, stare, and ask me about the engine. I'm a little nervous as I don't believe it ever had the update kit, but it has 30,000 miles on it, so I think it would've failed by now if it was going to.

Thought I'd might as well post up a shot of the 'Wing as well...

gl1000.JPG

I'm not sure what the exhaust is. It is a 3-2, and the PO called it Jardine. They look like the current D&D's, but they've been on there a long time. I thought I saw where Jard made a 3-2 system way back when, so that's what I'm calling them until someone tells me better.

I didn't believe it was an 07, either, but I did read about 07 Classics having silver engines still. The production date markings on the bike show summer of '06, but it is titled as an 07, so either way could be right. Personally, I prefer the silver engines. Makes 'em even more obvious and emphasizes the size. I've already had a couple people stop, stare, and ask me about the engine. I'm a little nervous as I don't believe it ever had the update kit, but it has 30,000 miles on it, so I think it would've failed by now if it was going to.
Yep Classic Tourer model Not sure about the pipes until I see it up close but I would lean towards the D&D Slash cut. As for the update kit not all needed it so if its is running fine enjoy. If a problem develops then well it is fixable for sure.

Back