Shogun171

.020 Over
Ride
2022 All Black Rocket R
Hello all, in the process of waiting for my bike to be delivered and I've run into a conundrum with accessories. Any triumphs techs please chime in if you know the answer. So I'm 190 cm..6ft 2 1/2 inseam 34 inch and was able to find an All black rocket 3r model. I've sat on both models and love the feel of the gt seat and forward controls. I ordered both for my own customization purposes to feel relaxed. I also ordered the quick shifter and shift assist kit for the forward controls. All options on all Triumph sites when you configure your ride when ordering. Now my Japanese dealer is saying the shift kit wont work on the forward controls on an R model bike even though the shift assist is the same part# for both bikes. Saying something to the fact it will reverse the gearing if installed forward controls on an R model that is supposed to have mid controls. i.e. I'm no licensed mechanic but I just don't see how moving controls forward would negate a shift assist and make normal shifting opposite. Any knowledgeable info is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the add.

WELCOME! to our R3 Family... First Triumph or next? I don't have the new model so can't comment, but I find that odd unless the connection linkages are that much different. Others will be along who are more knowledgeable than I. Regardless, get yourself prepared for your new Perma-Grin! :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

WELCOME! to our R3 Family... First Triumph or next? I don't have the new model so can't comment, but I find that odd unless the connection linkages are that much different. Others will be along who are more knowledgeable than I. Regardless, get yourself prepared for your new Perma-Grin! :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG
Second one, I still have a 2019 speed triple rs I'm trying to sell.

Hello @Shogun171 and welcome to the site. Congrats on your purchase. The wait must be painful. I remember when I first purchased my Roadster I bought it site unseen in November and didn't get to see it until the following March. That was a long winter wait, but it was worth it.

Concerning the speedshifter on the new Rockets, I have no experience but if the option is available on both models, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Post the question in a separate post to get the attention of the fellows who probably have done it on both R and GT models.

Last edited:
Since you are putting forward controls on a R model, the TSA kit you need will be for the GT model. The tech will have to activate it with the Triumph software. I just did the opposite, put mid R controls on a GT and needed the R module on my GT to shift correctly.

I don't know much about it but I did test ride a GT with the quick shift so it must be possible. welcome to R3Owners. Ill be in Ginza end of November and Nagoya around the 5th of December if you want to talk about the new bike. I've modified mine a little bit and did the 600 mile service myself.

I don't know much about it but I did test ride a GT with the quick shift so it must be possible. welcome to R3Owners. Ill be in Ginza end of November and Nagoya around the 5th of December if you want to talk about the new bike. I've modified mine a little bit and did the 600 mile service myself.
I actually live on Okinawa not the mainland, been here almost 36 years now. I was able to find the triumph instruction manual online and its for both installations of forward and mid controls. I'm still waiting on the bike, can't figure nothing out without the main
piece!!

Back