I also called GEICO and added the Tiger to my insurance policy. $272 annually for full coverage with low deductibles and high liability limits. Is there anything better insurance policy out there ?
That's phenomenal compared to what I pay with State Farm. Though I'm currently transient and still assigned to Miami, FL... so my rates are naturally double what they will be when I figure out where I'm going to settle down in either Tucson (probably) or Las Vegas (maybe).
-MIG

That's phenomenal compared to what I pay with State Farm. Though I'm currently transient and still assigned to Miami, FL... so my rates are naturally double what they will be when I figure out where I'm going to settle down in either Tucson (probably) or Las Vegas (maybe).
-MIG
I have State Farm for home insurance. I looked for a bundle with my two Lexus and Rocket and I about crapped myself. I have Cal casualty for my cars at about 40% lower than State Farm and Geico on my rocket at $25.00 a month and that is with a 10 year old claim on my 05 Rocket. State Farm is a one trick pony and that's homeowners. They need to keep the rates high to pay Aaron Rogers and Patrick Mahomes their millions for endorsements. :thumbsup:

-MIG
Both high crime cities. Particularly Tucson. @Justdad used to live in Tucson. Rough city. Bad government. It is said a lot of criminals come over the border, due their nasty deeds and make a run back across the border.

Both high crime cities. Particularly Tucson. @Justdad used to live in Tucson. Rough city. Bad government. It is said a lot of criminals come over the border, due their nasty deeds and make a run back across the border.
Yea, we went to High School here. My in-laws still live on the same plot of land as when I dated their daughter. The far West Side seems to still be okay. Who knows, we might end up in a city we had not thought of... it's somewhat job dependent...
-MIG

Got most of the new farkles installed. Heated seat. It is 1 inch taller than the low seat. The special mount for the top case and of course the top case. The center stand installed and it is a bit tall for the low, but I do have the GT center stand which is several inches shorter than the Rally Pro center stand. Installed a set of 20mm bar risers. Moves the bars up to match the seat rise. Also gets the bars away from the tank on full turn. Still have the upper guards, headlight guard and TFT protector to install, but they will have to wait.

Last edited:
I went a similar route by buying a 2012 Tiger 800XC. Absolutely love it as I too have tons of dirt roads to explore here in Graham, WA. The former owner took the hit on all the add-on bits like the bash plate, center stand, fog lights and 50/50 tires so good for me. Sadly, I need to sell my Rocket though. I'll miss her as she served me well, but it's time to move on to a lighter bike that I can go anywhere I want to with. Enjoy the new kitty.

Got this 2022 Australian half ounce silver bullion coin to make a key fob for the Tiger.
1639682826714.png

Back