Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
I have been looking for a good adventure bike so I can take advantage of and enjoy spending more time on all the dirt roads we have in our mountains and deserts here in Idaho. I have been looking at bikes from 250cc to 1200cc for quit some time. Trying to narrow them down to just 1 bike to buy has proven to be impossible for me. Well the truth is there is no 1 bike to do all the things I want to do. At least 2 bikes would be needed (maybe 3) as no single bike can do it all. I had considered buying a 250 to 300cc single cylinder Honda, Kawasaki or Yamaha for dirt and single track riding and then a 500 to 800cc twin/triple for dirt road fire trail adventure riding. It always come back to too big or too small for part of the ride either the street part of the ride to the mountains/dessert or to too big once getting to the unpaved off road parts of the ride. Nothing seems just right. Too heavy, too big, to small not enough power, too much power, small tanks short fuel range, too tall saddle and so on. How to decide just goes right out the window so nothing happens.

I have been a tire kicker ever since the Triumph dealership opened. I really wanted to buy another Triumph, but the right bike/deal just hasn't come along for me to do a deal. I had looked at a left over 2020 900 GT Low they had in the spring. The numbers back then just didn't make that bike pop for me. Yesterday I got a text from Tony the salesman at Boise Triumph. He made me an out of the blue offer on a 2022 Triumph Tiger 900 GT Low. Well today I went over to the shop and made a great deal on a new 2022 Tiger 900 GT Low. Tony made the numbers just right and it was to hard to say no. The wife approved and said lets take it home. My buddy Jerry helped bring it home and he made a nice video he posted on his Flat Cap Cafe racer Chanel on Youtube.

Thank You Jesus, Lana, Tony and Jerry for making this happen.

Nice bike Bill!! How low is the seat height? I bought a 2020 BMW f750 gs and the seat height is about 29" i can almost flat foot:)

Seat height can be set at 30" or 31". I ordered a normal GT Pro electric heated seat which will be another inch or so higher.

Installed the silver lower engine guards today. They look real nice. I am a bit concerned they actually fit to the engine. The lower bolts go into a narrow boss molded on the lower engine exterior. I hope they don't snap off in a tip over. I have also seen several videos showing how the Triumph top tank guards actually will damage the tank in almost any kind of tip over. I have to rethink weather or not I will install them or return them when they come in.

I also called GEICO and added the Tiger to my insurance policy. $272 annually for full coverage with low deductibles and high liability limits. Is there anything better insurance policy out there ?

Back