Triumph R3 Touring
In 2004 I took a test ride on a R3 and a Heritage Softail. Bought the 04 softail. The damm Triumph kept on calling.....ended up buying a 2008 R3 Touring. 6 months later sold the Softail. ( Rode H.D.'s for 35 years.) That damm test ride on the R3 took a while to sink in..... BTW added a 2009 Triumph Bonneville last year. Both great bikes. Welcome to the forum. Watch out for those test rides....:)

I can only speak for myself and from my own experience. I rode harleys for 35 years. have harley tattoos in abundance. TILL, I took my first test ride...Totally changed my perspective. Take a test ride, then decide. Or Don't and remain in that harley mindset because, harley is american so therefore the best motorcycle in the world... Might want to check that out BTW, unless you have a ironhead, which were only partially japanese, or a pan, knuckle, or flathead, you got more import parts on your American motorcycle than I do combined on both rockets.... Good luck, but I'm stating here, FROM experience, Do NOT take a test ride, if you want to remain a harley fan.
XHDskip

No tatoos, no Harley mindset and have never claimed that Harley is the best motorcycle in the world because it is American. A Harley Davidson motorcycle is the iconic cruiser to be copied by all others that came after it. You take it for what it is, no excuses and you either like or you don't. The one thing that a Harley will let you do is customize, modify, change, etc. to make it your own. You can still work on a Harley which is not so easy to do with any other motorcycle. That is one of the appealing things to and entusiast that likes to "tinker" as well as ride.

I am a motorcycle enthusiast and have been since before I was old enough to have a license to ride one. I know motorcycles and, aside from a couple of Jap bikes that didn't take, I like Harleys. No matter what anyone says, there is nothing like them and every motorcycle manufacturer, including Triumph, wants to produce a motorcycle with as much visceral appeal. Triumph may have come closer than any of the others. I don't consider a Harley any better than any other motorcycle, or any other motorcycle better than a Harley; they each stand on their own merit and appeal.

I am just looking for some variety and nothing else I have ridden as appealed enough to me enough to consdier adding to my Harley stable. Maybe the R3 or the Storm will make the cut but they won't replace the Harleys; they will have to co-habitate. I can ride both and remain a fan of both; it's not a mutaully exclusive thing.

Back