djljr

Standard Bore
Have been riding Harleys for years. Have two older models with performance engines built by yours truly in the garage. Have been thinking of adding another brand to the mix and have been looking/test riding for a year. The new Storm looks interesting as a cruiser and I like the Valkyrie and the RT3 as a possible touring addition.

Joined a Storm forum to learn about the horizontal twin and now this forum to learn about the RT3.

Joined a Storm forum to learn about the horizontal twin and now this forum to learn about the RT3.

Welcome from Maine. If you're referring to the Thunderbird Storm, they're vertical twins (or parallel twins), like so many Triumphs, Nortons, BSAs, etc of bygone years. There are a few T-Bird owners here who'll jump right in on their fabulousness, fit and finish. Lots of Texans here too.:eek:

Welcome from Chicago. I have the Rocket but think the T Bird is a gret looking bike. Glad I don't have to make that choice.

Welcome from Arkansas. Quite a bit of difference in stock power from what you've been riding, even modified. That is unless you've been tuning and running for the drag strip. Also a major difference in handling. For a big bike, and the Rocket will never be mistaken for svelte, the Rockets handle exceptionally well. Loads of bottom end torque which you are used to now. Find a local Triumph dealer and take a test ride. That'll give you a "seat of the pants" feeling for these bikes. Lots of your existing friends will be asking "What the hell is that?" Then the fun starts.:D

Welcome.. I'm also in San Antonio. I've had my Rocket since Christmas of '05 and have 61,000+ miles on it and it runs better than ever. You'll have to come out to Texas Pride bike night.. :) Living is La Vernia, it's just a short ride for me to get there, so I head out there Thursday nights when I can..

Welcome from Cypress, Texas. Have fun with making your choice of rides.

Welcome from California
I'm a Rocket owner, but I just test drove the Storm last weekend, :D
You cant go wrong with either machine!
Jim

Welcome from Delaware. I just applied for a job in San Angelo TX yesterday .... what's the weather like?

Welcome djljr to the site. I already gave you some info over on the Thunderbird 1600 Forum on the R3T. If you want to know anything about the Rocket Standard, Classic, Roadster or R3T this is the place. As you may have noticed we have a Thunderbird sub forum in here as well.

Good luck on that test ride in a couple of weeks.

Dennis

104 dtg Dubai
105 dtg Home for good!

Back