New Avon Rear Tire

Hey T, How many folks are in the group going to Eureka Springs? I'm guessing that you already have a place to stay but if you don't, I have a friend, in Eureka Springs, who owns a Bed & Breakfast, named the Scandia Inn. It is a group of small cottages and I bet I could get them to make a way to have covered parking for the bikes depending on the size of the group. The Scandia is on the west side of town and the owners, Libby & Bill Freeland, are good people.

Our local cycle group does it's monthly ride on the first Saturday of each month but I might be able to meet up Friday evening.

emwolb, I am good friends with Paul, the guy you bought your Rocket from. He bought that bike last yr after seeing my bike. I can promise you 1 thing, you bought a very nice bike that has never been abused or riden hard at all. Paul takes great care of his cycles.

I have been on the Talihina Drive many times over the yrs. Last yr we rode down and stayed the night in Mena, AK. Don't ever stay in Mena, AK if you like to have a beer or a drink with your dinner. Its in a dry county. That sucked for sure. I'm from just down the rode from you there in Checotah. I married a girl 30 yrs a ago from Tiger Mtn off I-40. We built a house out there and had our 3 sons while living on the mountain.

Maybe we can hook up later this summer when we come down to do our annual ride to Talihina. We will try to stay in touch. Glad to see you bought a Rocket and good luck with it.

gwilliams, Right now there 4 of us and a couple wifes coming also. We are staying at the 1849 I think is what it is. We have never stayed there before but the guy caters to bikes. When it gets closer we will try to hook up on Friday and you are more than welcome to ride with us on Friday if you can make it. Lets stay in touch.

Big T

T I'd love to hear what your thoughts are after you put some miles on the Avon. I put one on the front and noticed right away how it liked to turn quicker than the Metz did. It's hard to describe, but it "flopped" over in slow speed corners like it just "wanted" to turn.
After getting used to it and how it stuck I like it much better and was thinking it would probably work really well with a CT on the back.

The Avon rear tire was really expensive and I am still running the last Metz with very little mileage left on it already. Right now I'm debating selling her and might bite the bullet and not go darkside just so it will sell easier with matched bike tires on it. So your opinion on the Avon will help me decide.

It is a Cobra isn't it?

Hellfire, don't hold me to this but I think its a Venom, I think they are two different tires. Cobra is the original and the Venom is the improved version?? I will let you know what I think when I get back from Arkansas about how it compares to the car tire.

Whats this about selling? Are you looking to upgrade or just do something different?

Hellfire, don't hold me to this but I think its a Venom, I think they are two different tires. Cobra is the original and the Venom is the improved version?? I will let you know what I think when I get back from Arkansas about how it compares to the car tire.

Whats this about selling? Are you looking to upgrade or just do something different?
T I've been out of work since January when a coworker screwed up and got the whole crew terminated. I still owe $3000 on the bike and might have to sell her just for the extra money to get by. At $13,000 the sale would support us for another 6 months. It's gonna break my heart to see her go, but sacrifices have to be made if push comes to shove. Selling will be a last resort, I'll do everything I can to keep her.

I'll have to look up the Venom and Cobra to see the difference. I assume the sidewalls don't have the snakeskin pattern like the Cobra?

I've just ordered an AV71 for the front. I ordered it because the dealer wanted $245 uninstalled and I ordered it for $178 shipping included. They don't make a Z rated tire but the H rated will do up to 150 mph. Speedo only goes to 140, how would I know?:D

Hellfire, Been there done that on the forced sale of my beloved 01 Boss Hoss. I very rarely keep any toy for more than a couple of yrs. but I kept the Boss for 5 yrs. I redone the bike and had spent another 10 k on it after I had purchased it. It was either sale it or the courts were going to get it in the BR.
Sorry to hear about your current job situation and fully understand. If thats what it takes, then we will replace it at a later date with a newer one. Hang tuff brother and I put in a little word with the man upstairs for you and your family.

Bid T

Just had a new set of tires put on. Avon Cobras. I've only got about 400 miles on them so far, but they seem to grip better than the Metzelers I had before. As noted above, the front does seem to turn in better. I thought something was 'wrong' at first, but got used to it quickly.

I hope to see good mileage out of these tires. All together they were about $50 more than a set of Metzelers. :cool:

Back