New Avon Rear Tire

T Evans

Supercharged
I have been riding on a motorcycle with a car tire or dark side since 02 when I went to a car tire on my 01 Boss Hoss. I have had my 06 Rocket Classic for about 2 yrs now. The bike had a bike tire on it when I purchased it, but it was in need of replacement of which I promptly did with a 225 Faulken.
I didn't get to ride any last yr and I am just now starting to ride again after being released from the doctor. The Faulken has about 8 thousand miles on it and still looks and performs great, but...
I ordered a new Avon rear tire the other day and I am getting ready to have it installed before my up coming trip to Arkansas and a weekend of riding the twisties. I have made this same ride twice now on this bike and the car tire without any problems, but... My curiosity has gotten the best of me about to see how the Rocket handles the twisties with a bike tire.
I know I am not going to get any mileage out of the Avon compaired to the Faulken but I hope to get at least 6 to 7 k out of it. Because of several things, mainly my job. My riding season this year is going to be cut short and I probably won't get that many miles on the bike before this winter any way.
So my curiosity has gotten the best of me and I am having the new Avon installed and I am heading over to Eureka Springs on the 1st weekend of June for thier Blues Festival from June 3rd thru the 5th for some of the best riding in the country and some great Blues with Elvon Biship and Coco Montoya and many more groups.
If any body else might be interested, you can find all the info at eurekaspringsblues.com.

I would go but I plan on being at Cassoday on Sunday June 5. I'll make Arkansas some time this summer, just don't know when.:cool:

Good luck with the new rear tire..I have never been an admirer of car tires on the rear..unless you plan on straightaway rideing...A group of us will be on the way to the SWTF in Prescott Arizona for that weekend..no blues but good times,the Canyon and Sedona,a few liberations and perhaps a good cigar!

Hey gwilliams. Sounds like a plan but I will be traveling with a group and if I can break away from the pack I will give you a call.
Seeing how you are lucky enough to live over there in gods country, I will have to give you a call and maybe you can point me to some roads less traveled and more challenging! !

Big T

T you should be able to get 6 to 7 k on the avon easy. If not then Iwould say your not applying the power right. I got that many miles with the blower on mine easy. Sure I could make the bike burn them off but why I would rather have the traction on the road. let her out easier hook up and let the torque pull you thru.

If I can get 6 to 7 k miles out of this tire, I will be happy. That is how I ride now warp, just let out on the clutch and roll into it and hang on when you grab second. I don't know how well the Avon will hook up compaired to the Fauken but I will be finding out shortly.

T

I got 12k out of my last Avon rear, however the innards were showing by the time I changed it out. I usually got about 8k out of the Metzeler. I was going to go dark side but could not find anyone to mount the Riken Raptor, so I took it back and got another Avon.

hey T-Evans, are you in the ponca city area? if so, then you would know paul, the guy i bought the 08 R3 classic from. what an amazing bike it is. i live a half hour south of muskogee on the edge of lake eufaula. if you've not had the chance to ride the talahina ok/mena arkansas ride, i suggest it highly. it's pleasant with plenty of places to pull off the road at scenic places which there are plenty of. i'll likely be going to the bikes, blues, festival also. last year sucked because it was so terribly congested around the dixon ave intersection/hwy 71.

Back