Need some R3GT/R help - Rear Brake Wires

I have a similar situation, I have installed LED lighting on my bike, and the kit has the ability to light up all LEDs Red when I hit the brake by attaching a (blue) wire from the LED control box to the brake light circuit. Unfortunately when I do, it is opposite, turns ON when brake is not engaged, and and turns OFF when it is. Oddly, if I touch the blue wire directly to battery it works correctly. I know I have the right wire from the bike as it does do something when I pull lever. So it is acting like the bike's wire to brake light has power when the brake is not engaged, but does not when it is. Anybody got any ideas on that one? :) And you can save your comments about my LED decision.

I have a similar situation, I have installed LED lighting on my bike, and the kit has the ability to light up all LEDs Red when I hit the brake by attaching a (blue) wire from the LED control box to the brake light circuit. Unfortunately when I do, it is opposite, turns ON when brake is not engaged, and and turns OFF when it is. Oddly, if I touch the blue wire directly to battery it works correctly. I know I have the right wire from the bike as it does do something when I pull lever. So it is acting like the bike's wire to brake light has power when the brake is not engaged, but does not when it is. Anybody got any ideas on that one? :) And you can save your comments about my LED decision.
I had the same issue hooking these up -- the halo is supposed to brighten from running light to brake light. I tried everything and just ended-up not using the brake light feature.

Triumph dealer tried to hook up 2 different brands and could not, saying it was "reveresed", on when not hitting brake. I just look in mirrors when stopped. Cheaper too!

The wires for the rear brake light are under the seat and luckily, there is a connector there too to make it more obvious which one it is.
IMG_0421.png

All done, I chose to solder mine as I don't like the snap-on and crimp connectors supplied. The SBM has to be mounted flat, so I relocated the alarm connector (triumph protect+) which is unused on mine, to allow the SBM to have a nice flat mounting with some velcro
IMG_0423.png

edit: p.s. have since cleaned that area, the photo's show a lot of sand and muck... it's all gone now :)
red tape on a negative wire....Noooooooo

red tape on a negative wire....Noooooooo
yeah, such a critic.... it's not tape, it's plastic heat shrink ;). ...that's how the wiring kit for the denali foghorn came.... I have since removed and replaced with black after I glued the black wire to the same connector with chewing gum :p for the dual camera system, it's harder to see in low light now when trying to jump start the car from it, but the sparks light it up quite well if I get the leads the wrong way around first time. Also added a piece of black heat shrink to the red wire in line with the black/red colour scheme on the bike :cool: adds to the danger and thrill whilst turning heads at electrical showcases.

Attachments

• IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    398.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back