Need some R3GT/R help - Rear Brake Wires

I am using one that I put on my helmet or on my passenger's one. There are several good points:
1) it is possible to ride several bikes with the same benefit, it is not located on one bike.
2) as the light and brake light of this device are at the view (hight) of any car driver, you are seen.
3) very easy to charge (micro USB), 8 hours of work, adjustment of sensitivity with your phone, you do not feel it on the hard hat, ....

I started to use this kind of light device as my wife and I were down with the bike two times, as "follower" cars did not want to stop behind us at a "STOP" signal.
Could you give the name/link to that device please? Sounds good.

I take it you have now installed the module and don't need the guidance you sought previously or am I presumptious with this statement sir?
I no longer am seeking an answer to my question. I fiddled and fumbled and figured it out. Always worth it to ask but if no answer comes your way, do it yourself.

I recently bought a Smart Brake Module ( a nifty simple device out of Europe for my bike). It basically taps into the wires of the rear brake light, has an accelerometer in it which detects when you are slowing down via engine braking (rather than just applying front or rear brakes). I tend to slow the bike down using a variety of methods and engine braking is one of them. In any case, when the device senses you are slowing, it (depending on its orientation) will pulse the rear brake light or light it up solid. It's a safety thing in that sometimes the cages who are not always paying close attention don't notice the gap shrinking before they are too close.

My question is where is the best place to tap into the rear brake light? Is it under the tail, under the pillion, or someplace else? Also where would you stow it?

I'm asking generally but I know @Lamonster has already done some work in replacing the plate holder with his own creation. If you have any guidance, please post a photo or two or some clear indications as to where best to find them.

If anyone wants to know what the product is (as I didn't want to use this forum to publicize a product) just PM me, I'll gladly share.
I was following a bike with this feature in Florida about two months ago. I had no idea what the blinking rear tai light meant and was never sure what was going on. The rider explained to me that it meant slowing but without braking.
Just how would I know that and certainly car drivers do not. I think it is an unnecessary and confusing feature.

I was following a bike with this feature in Florida about two months ago. I had no idea what the blinking rear tai light meant and was never sure what was going on. The rider explained to me that it meant slowing but without braking.
Just how would I know that and certainly car drivers do not. I think it is an unnecessary and confusing feature.
It got your attention enough that you still remember it. That was its only purpose. Blinking lights harness more attention than steady burning ones.

Mine took ages to arrive due to covid
Now I don't have time to install.
Will have a crack in few weeks before a decent ride.

Anything that even "might" help cars see me better is necessary to me :)

How sensitive is it, and can that be adjusted to more or less?
it's actually very sensitive... for instance my R3 went in to the dealers in the van (for the brake recall rectification work). The collection agent (driver of the van) walked my R3 up the ramp and then slowly came to halt in the wheel chock as he slowed down by adjusting his weight rearwards rather than using the brake, the light started flashing on/off via the SBM.

any decelleration incurs activation even from walking pace to a crawling pace... I love it and have noticed car drivers, lorry drivers and other motorcyclist pulling back when I let off the throttle, when without the SBM they would have drawn nearer for sure.

No ability to adjust, although you can have it solid or flashing at about 2hz.

Last edited:
Back