Need Info on Fuel Pump Electrical Connector + question on discoloration

tribal

Moto Hobo Gypsy Vagabond
North America - presently touring the USA
Ride
2005 Rocket III & 2015 Rocket III Roadster
Q. Does anyone know what an aftermarket connector would be for the fuel pump plug on the wiring harness side???

I disassembled the tank/throttle bodies to put new O-rings in the Oil tank and one of the wires broke right at the connector.
I have soldered it and got the bike running (well, aside from a check engine light and stalling) but I would feel better with a new connector.

TIA

IMG_4404[1].JPG
IMG_4405[1].JPG

Also, while I had the throttle body off I noticed some discoloration - is that normal?
1st cylinder
IMG_4400[1].JPG

2nd cyclinder
IMG_4401[1].JPG

3rd cylinder
IMG_4402[1].JPG

I can't say foreshore but that looks rusty 😬.
What air intake system are you running?
Or has the inside of your engine tried to match the colour of the bike 😂

And that also reminds me that I need to give my oil tank a bit of a wiggle to reseat my oring. And replace it at the next oil change.

I can't say foreshore but that looks rusty 😬.
What air intake system are you running?
Or has the inside of your engine tried to match the colour of the bike 😂

And that also reminds me that I need to give my oil tank a bit of a wiggle to reseat my oring. And replace it at the next oil change.
They are new K&N's that I keep cleaned and oiled.
I did have them off for awhile waiting on the O-rings, rubber hose, and metal tube. Maybe particles in the pooled oil rusted (I don't think so)?

The old metal tube was in bad shape and was corroded so perhaps some snuck in. All fixed now.
I did notice the screens in the sump had a varnish-like coating last month.
I had been adding SeaFoam to the oil - I think I will put a stop & desist order on that.

If I had just left the gas tank on I would have been fine. I must have broken the wire trying to get the connector apart...

OMG I thought sea foam was to go in the gas tank not in the oil.

Well that's where I put it on the 1100 Yamaha Virago.

You can put it in both the fuel and oil. I have never personally done it though. I just stick to using it as a fuel system cleaner.

Compliments of @DEcosse, this place will have the plug you needhttps://www.corsa-technic.com/category.php?category_id=124
Excellent! I will go through that site and try and match up the 4-way female plug. The first one looks good.

Option 2 was to find someone with an old harness lying around to feel sorry for me and offer to snip off the fuel sender plug and send it for a smitence.

Option 3 was to buy a complete used harness on eBay for $130. I like $6 better...

Thanks Kevin and @DEcosse

I'm not sure exactly what it is yet (need better picture that's in focus! :D) - but pretty sure that is NOT the correct one linked above

Last edited:
Back