Need a speedo and tach. Anyone?

vocaldog

VocalDog
Ride
2005 Rocket Standard
My gauges have water in them and it's causing me all kinds of mechanical grief. I'd like to pick up a used set. Even if they're not cosmetically perfect.

I saw one gauge on ebay the other day but didn't take note of it that much but it was on there. I'm guessing you've tried compressed air and leaving the bike out in the sun? My Roadster would get moisture in the lens but soon would vaporize. I don't "wash" the gauges anymore.

I saw one gauge on ebay the other day but didn't take note of it that much but it was on there. I'm guessing you've tried compressed air and leaving the bike out in the sun? My Roadster would get moisture in the lens but soon would vaporize. I don't "wash" the gauges anymore.
It seems that the gauges are sealed. There's really no place to get the compressed air. Looks like I need to find a used one.

G'Day vocaldog,
Any luck with ya gauges?
I smashed my 2005 Roadster 5 months ago and have just recovered enough from injuries to try rebuild my baby. Whilst at the storage yard my gauges were stolen. New set here in Melbourne are $2,200. Can you offer any pointers where I get a 2nd hand set?

Attachments

• IMG_3932.JPG
    IMG_3932.JPG
    673.1 KB · Views: 6
G'Day vocaldog,
Any luck with ya gauges?
I smashed my 2005 Roadster 5 months ago and have just recovered enough from injuries to try rebuild my baby. Whilst at the storage yard my gauges were stolen. New set here in Melbourne are $2,200. Can you offer any pointers where I get a 2nd hand set?
I found a few on eBay for between $225-$550 US. Other than that, I haven't had any luck. Good luck to you.
Regards,

Caine

Back