My Power Commander map to show that a canned tune isn't always the right tune. My Tune ECU base map is in my signature this shows how rich parts are and how lean parts also. Shows how a good custom tune is needed.

Attachments

• PC-V Rocket map.jpg
    PC-V Rocket map.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 40
I was there from 11:30 until 2:00, out of that time he was actually tuning 1.5 hours of that. So you think $450 for 1.5 hours work is fair? I'm wondering if the fat spot was to take a dip out.
$450 seems reasonable to me. How was he able to tune the bike without using a PCV? For reference I paid $1700+ for PCV, pod filters installed, ECU flash, secondaries removed and dyno tune. My bike is a 2018 R3R

Went for a ride today and the tune looks OK, I did notice at 70 mph, 2500 rpm in 5th steady throttle on a flat road it was running 10.5:1 air fuel. I came home and removed 3 points from all the lower throttle positions (up to 40%) at 2250, 2500 and 2750 and waa laa it now cruises at 13.8:1 to 14.3:1. Give it throttle and it goes down to 12:1 to 12.3:1 under acceleration in that rpm range. Wide open is around 12.5:1 to 13:1. Most all cruise RPM's are in the upper 13's to lower 14's except where I had to adjust it now it's good.

@warp9.9 @Kevin frazier

Last edited:
Added an Air/Fuel gauge today, these things are so f'ing cool!!! Rain today so tomorrow I'm going out to see what it looks like.

Got some details on the one you used, pretty cool and i can tell the tuner, hey you were off at 2500 in 5th right before he hits me with a hammer, germans dont play when you question there work :roll: seriously though i think its a cool tool if you dont have a power commander or other type systems.

Back