Moving my Rocket from Canada to the UK

On a more serious note, VAT, Import duty etc...not wishing to dampen the otherwise jovial atmosphere
I have done a bit of research and as i will have owned the bike over the 6 month restriction i believe i dont have to Pay VAT as im not selling it on again. I have the bill of sale from when i purchased it and i also looked at the values in the UK and right now i paid half of what it would cost to replace it with like for like. That and i couldnt bring myself to part with this one lol.

It happens - but they don't allow "just anybody" back in.

Anyway he seems to be a Yorkshireman - and from experience they're a bit lost when they get as far West as Lancashire.
Very Good...
You missed the point though, i will be living back in Yorkshire, it has everything!!, why will i need to travel to Lancashire! ha

I have done a bit of research and as i will have owned the bike over the 6 month restriction i believe i dont have to Pay VAT as im not selling it on again. I have the bill of sale from when i purchased it and i also looked at the values in the UK and right now i paid half of what it would cost to replace it with like for like. That and i couldnt bring myself to part with this one lol.
Nice...they don't deserve a penny! I keep looking at the adverts on here on the forum via 'flea-bay'..and then look at the prices over here. A little tear forms and the wallet trembles..

short answer yes part of Canada was a colony.

The pre-Confederation Province of Canada was a self-governing British colony. Confederation occurred on July 1, 1867, when the Province of Canada was divided into Ontario and Quebec. They joined with the colonies of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to form a new independent nation: Canada.
You guys are going to listen to a Scotsman living in
Florida for your info on Canada.....:eek::eek:

Very Good...
You missed the point though, i will be living back in Yorkshire, it has everything!!, why will i need to travel to Lancashire! ha
Oh I didn't miss that part AT ALL. I have a mate who, upon retirement, had to move into the Dales from the Yorkshire Tundra because Hull wasn't Yorkshire enough.
I stopped going to Lanc's when my grandfather passed away in 1981.He retired there from Cheshire - which I do understand.
Even as far north as Cheshire has me cautious - Worcestershire is OK but even so these are dangerous places.

I will stray into Somerset, Devon, Hant's and Wiltshire - but thums ahl grahkels 'tzyde Dahrzet

Just see if someone will let you borrow a miles per hour speedo and swap it back once inspection is complete

tbh - it is probably possible to simply apply a transparent decal over the glass with MPH numbers on. Alot of US grey import Harleys here come with a kmh decal for this very reason. Pretty much any decal printshop should be able to make one.

A UK spec speedo SHOULD still be MPH and KPH as the UK is still in the EU and all vehicles sold in the EU must display kmh. wtf they don't just do 1 bloody speedo worldwide beats me.

Back