hey steve glad to see you are posting .. SO being intrigued , I went and looked at dr.OZ weight loss programs and it is a mishmash of real and some not so real stuff all made for TV and ratings..
I just did it my own basic way nothing new nor special ,did not eliminate anything just cutting back a bit less sugar less booze less carb but running 4 times a week on my treadmill in the morning for 1hour1/2 burning 750 calories each time. got to make the furnace efficient and the daily living burns about another 1000cal to that add about 800/1000 calories for food intake per day and there you go . simple and steady fat drop
I started in january my goal was 80kgs /176lbs got to 176 yesterday.:thumbsup:
now that I am at my nominal weight I can use the pant's belt I wore on my wedding day that would be september 21th 1973... so nothing magical just burning more calories than ingesting

I told ...Easiest way to loose 20lb of ugly fat...chop yer head off!

me think there are two way to improve acceleration and speed add power or lighten up the bike ..
since I am close to 200hp as is and not wanting to shell out oodle of cash for HP I decided to remove 37 lbs from the bike and I am sure it will show when I accelerate .
how did I found 37lbs to cut out ...simple I went on a diet and exercise program in january and as of today may 3th when I seat on my rig it moves 176lbs in place of 213lbs that should be noticeable:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
this is the new ride white hair and flat belly :roll::roll:

OUTSTANDING!!! I'm on that plan as well... :thumbsup::ninja:
-MIG

Last year before Christmas, I decided that I too want to make my Rocket lighter. I've always been a big guy...tall and broad shouldered but after I stopped playing rugby in my 40's, without dropping the beer intake, I've gained more than I'd like. So far, I'm 14kg lighter and still want to shed another 15kg. I've been using the old formula of eat less and move more. Also found a product called the Man Shake...no more falling asleep in front of the TV and has given me the energy levels to exercise.

I hear you !!! I plan on keeping running albeit a bit less and keep the same diet and step on the scale once a week to keep honest..

Running seems to be key... though the only thing about running I like is the finish line. (...and I mix in CrossFit as well.) That said, to keep me motivated, I'm training for a 51K marathon in Nevada in August. I did 16miles on Sunday (my long run day) and 7 miles yesterday...with a goal of 35+ miles a week. Not sure what I'll do in Sep... Heh! :D
-MIG

Last year before Christmas, I decided that I too want to make my Rocket lighter. I've always been a big guy...tall and broad shouldered but after I stopped playing rugby in my 40's, without dropping the beer intake, I've gained more than I'd like. So far, I'm 14kg lighter and still want to shed another 15kg. I've been using the old formula of eat less and move more. Also found a product called the Man Shake...no more falling asleep in front of the TV and has given me the energy levels to exercise.

that is the ONLY way to do it congrats ....you have a taller order than mine but it is doable ... do not be in a hurry just be patient and keep moving the day you step on the scale and read your magic number is a day you will remember for a loooong time

Hmm I've dropped 30 and 45 Kg (x2.2 for lbs) twice before at 10 year intervals, next decade nearly up, now gotta do it all again!:(:rolleyes:

Then again looking on the bright side, I will get much lighter when I am dead and will be so for everymore then!;):D

I've been meaning to shed a few kgs for the past 14 years so now that I'm 51 and over 100kgs or 220lbs and goal weight of 80 kgs I had better start. I use to run alot when is was younger but buggered both knees by running too much.

I do love the rowing machine and don't mind doing long stints in them.

So this weekend I will join up the gym and try to do 5 days a week before work as spending less time there than I use too.
Will keep you posted with how it all goes.

Back