Moms and Rockets

Sorry to hear of your lose, it sounds like you made the best of the time you to had together. Just over 2 years ago I had just bought my Rocket and was going thru the break-in prior to riding back to my home-town to see my parents and show my dad the new Rocket. My dad called me at 10:30pm on a Wednesday nite (he woke me up), he wanted to talk about my new bike (although he was too feeble to ride anymore he still loved talking bikes). I told him I'd ride it up for him to see it as soon as time permitted. I got a call Sunday nite from my sister, he died of a heart attack. I left the next morning to help my mom. When I got there she handed me a wrapped gift, she said dad had bought it for me right before he died. I opened it and it was a chrome license plate holder for my new bike. He really would have loved seeing the new bike, unfortunately it never happened, something I'll always regret. There is an old picture hanging on the wall behind me of him on his Ducati 250 scrambler.

Thanks for sharing that, bq. It was a good reminder not to put off spending time with those you love...

Cherish those memories, my Mum always hated me get on a bike when I was a kid, the last good memory I have with my mum is when Ann and I took her from the nursing home out for lunch to a restruant in a nearby mall and I said hey mum this the closest I have had to getting you on two wheels to which she said no the chair has four .... I poped it on to the back wheels and said there ya go now you are doing a wheelie..... We laught and had a great day, never a day goes by when I don't think of her! And I am sure she is looking over me when I go for a ride:)

I nursed both my parents before cancer took them. No way known my old lady would have got on the back of the Rocket :D she remembered me running into a fence on my first Bonnie with her on the back... Did paint her nails just before she died, first time in her life she had painted nails... gave her stick about the nurses thinking she was a skank :D

Back