Moms and Rockets

bq245

.020 Over
Link Removed

I've watched this board for many years since I got my R3 back in 06. Haven't posted much, but have gotten much information and many laughs from the great people here.

My Mom (Olivia) was diagnosed with terminal ovarian cancer when I was at school in 1995. She out 'toughed' the horrible disease for 17 years. I had the opportunity to move her into my home last May. The 9 months I spent taking care of her were a treasure. My Mom died Saturday, Feb 25.

This picture was taken at the end of last summer--she had an absolute blast.

Moms and Rockets........how sweet they are.

Sorry for your loss. A loss of a parent is something I have not had to deal with yet.

My folks are 600 miles away so I do not get to see them often but my mother loves to ride with me.... Clocked her up to 130mph on a previous bike, and as mad as she was, she said it was fun...

The year before my mother in law passed away unexpectedly, my wife and I had met her parents at a restaurant for dinner. As we were leaving, I suggested she ride home with me on the old Harley. I was sure she would decline but she went for it ! The wife's phone camera decided not to work so I don't have any pictures. It would have been a great pic, her in a black leather jacket and a half-a-piss bucket helmet ! I was so happy she took that ride. Sorry for your loss. It's great that you have those memories.

I bought my BLACK Rocket back in '07 while visiting my mom in the hospital in Mississippi.
She really didn't want me to get another bike.
she never got to ride the rocket with me.
The day she died, I left Mississippi for a long ride.
I knew my sisters and brothers would all be teary eyed,
and bummed out because of our loss.
Me, I needed a ride and I wasn't bummed out at all,
because she Knew Jesus and was alright with Him.
She wasn't suffering anymore, so I was ok with her passing.
People deal with grief different ways I guess.
Haven't been back since.
Those of us that still have our mothers,
give her a call and tell her ya love her,
wish I could...
Ride safe guys,
skip

What a great post, I wish I had the opportunity to take my Mum for a blast on the my Rocket, She would've loved it I'm sure.

I know she is watching over me, especially whilst riding, after worrying herself silly about me as a young Fella racing around on bikes as a teenager, she and Dad moved to the Cook Islands in the south Pacific and one day she was riding a Honda 50 step-thru and hit a coconut lying on the road. She had the best black/Blue bruise on her thigh and Butt cheek I have ever seen and I was very quick to return the good advice she had dished out to me many years before.

My Mum died 22 years ago aged 57 years of Breast Cancer..... Bastard disease!!!!

The Kiwi.

Your a good son and will be rewarded for your good deed. Taking care of someone isn;t an easy task. I have my mother in Law and her sister living with me 86/87, and me being sick makes this a house of doctor visits. sorry for your loss

beautiful post and stunning thought to keep with you forever.

thoughts are with you as you remember all the wonderful days.

Back