64Herald

Been there, done that, now whats next?
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic Bone/ivory
I was talking to Triumph in Ga this week and it seems that they will be making their biggest showing July 25-27, 2008 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course at Lexington, Ohio. This is an AMA show. I'd like to go with camping as my way of cost cutting. Anyone ever at this show? I heard that there is also some racing. AMA is making Triumph the mark of the year. This link was sent to me, http://www.ahrma.org/previews/vmd.htm

Anthony,

I go every year. It's a great event if you have any interest whatsoever in antique (or just plain old) bikes. Triumph along with HD, KTM, Kawasaki, Kymco, BMW and others have their demo fleet there. There is racing on the Mid-Ohio track and also at a local 1/8 mile drag strip plus vintage motocross and trials on the race track grounds. The flea-market covers over ten acres and you can find just about anything you might want for any old bike there. Just don't drive your pick-up truck to the event or it will surely come home with some old bike in the back.

Go to:

www.amadirectlink.com for more info and ticket prices

what's a good day to get there. It only says Fri/Sat/Sun. Is there anything during the week?

That's it............. Friday, Saturday and Sunday! I usually do a liesurely ride out on Thursday (about 450 miles from home) and then hit it Friday which is the least crowded day. I then go back Saturday and wander around the flea-market see some racing and maybe do a few demo rides. Sunday is the ride home.

I spent hours today trying to find rooms. Can you believe the Hampton $209/night. Nothing available near-by. I did find rooms just outside of Columbus.

rooms

I spent hours today trying to find rooms. Can you believe the Hampton $209/night. Nothing available near-by. I did find rooms just outside of Columbus.

Yeah, it's kind of late in the game to trying to find a motel room near there..........

Back