Ride Suggestions Starting in the Midwest?

germ79

The Guy That Asks All The Questions
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
What's up, fellas?!

Now that I have a bike again, my father-in-law and I would like to go on a few longer distance rides this coming summer/fall. I'm in Michigan and he's in central Illinois. He's mentioned always wanting to do a little Route 66 trip or a Mississippi River cruise, but I thought I'd ask if any of you have any suggestions on great trips that we could take from our neck of the woods?

We're pretty open at this point - thinking maybe a couple few nights per trip? Whatcha got?!

Route 66 starts up by St Charles, IL. Not much of the old road signage left but there are sites that can guide you through it. There are a few highlights, but I found it kinda disappointing. It is nice to say you have done the Mother Road.

I am actually working on a Midwest loop, but I do not have it all together yet. Part of it is going down through the Mississippi River Valley which I hope will be more interesting than riding the flat lands. Indiana and Illinois are pretty flat until you get to the southern third of the states.

You should join the Midwest Triumph Riders on facebook. We did two rides in Southern Indiana last year. I also belong to bonnevilleamerica.com and have gone on the Kentucky Rally the last two years and have enjoyed them greatly.

This is a decent site.

Motorcycle Roads | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

Last edited:
@BillyIndiana

Thanks, brother! This is quite helpful!

Take a few minutes and watch this. I shot it at our June Rally. And if you think we are moving along at a good clip watch my rear view mirror. One of our friends on a Thunderbird catches up with us.

Eldon and I had been riding blocker at the back of the group for two days so we took off on our own to play. Tony came with us and we all had a great time.

Last edited:
Back