Loose Rear Turn Signals

EskimoPie

Supercharged
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
Has anybody else had an issue with this? I had a rattle coming from my rear turn signal assembly so I asked the dealership to take a look at it during a recent warranty service. They said that it's definitely loose as well as one of the lenses is loose. They said there is no ability to tighten the loose parts due to the design and they have actually had the tail lights fall off of other bikes. They submitted a warranty claim to get the assembly replaced (waiting for parts now).

Has anybody else had an issue with this? I had a rattle coming from my rear turn signal assembly so I asked the dealership to take a look at it during a recent warranty service. They said that it's definitely loose as well as one of the lenses is loose. They said there is no ability to tighten the loose parts due to the design and they have actually had the tail lights fall off of other bikes. They submitted a warranty claim to get the assembly replaced (waiting for parts now).
My left front is a little loose. I had them check it and they said the same thing and stated if it gets worse they will order the parts needed. It hasn't gotten any worse but every time I wax it's a constant reminder as it wobbles when I clean it. The stem seems fragile. if you walked or backed into them they would certainly break off.:mad:

I have had both rear turn signals lights get loose At different times. Triumph replaced them both as I am sure they will fix yours. It is a known issue.

I've noticed several broken ones too. The flimsy attachment piece isn't holding up. I've also noticed some of the rear turn signal assemblies look crooked on the cantilever arm off the wheel. It makes me wonder if it is vibrating too much back there and trying to self destruct.

I've noticed several broken ones too. The flimsy attachment piece isn't holding up. I've also noticed some of the rear turn signal assemblies look crooked on the cantilever arm off the wheel. It makes me wonder if it is vibrating too much back there and trying to self destruct.
Funny you mention that. On a spirited ride around Placerville (old hangtown) a few months ago my license plate fell off. I had torqued it down pretty tight or at least I thought I did. I have lock nuts on the new plate. The setup is flimsy at best concerning the turn signals. There is some serious vibration back there but overall no where near as bad as some newer Rockets.:thumbsup:

Funny you mention that. On a spirited ride around Placerville (old hangtown) a few months ago my license plate fell off. I had torqued it down pretty tight or at least I thought I did. I have lock nuts on the new plate. The setup is flimsy at best concerning the turn signals. There is some serious vibration back there but overall no where near as bad as some newer Rockets.:thumbsup:
I think being on the unsprung part of the bike is increasing the damage. Ride behind someone and watch that assembly gyrate. 💃

Back