Looking for A good Speed Nagging Device

Al Burdon

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3R
So I have managed to clock up a few speed camera infringements.
While I am happy to support the Victorian taxpayer by donating to the consolidated revenue, I would prefer not to.

I am looking for ideas that would warn me when I am exceeding the posted speed limit for those times when the concentration wanes.
The stupid thing is I knew the cameras were there and normally ride accordingly. In my car a big flashing speeding sign pops up for those times when she who must be obeyed is not there to advise me of my transgressions.

Cheers

Al

So I have managed to clock up a few speed camera infringements.
While I am happy to support the Victorian taxpayer by donating to the consolidated revenue, I would prefer not to.

I am looking for ideas that would warn me when I am exceeding the posted speed limit for those times when the concentration wanes.
The stupid thing is I knew the cameras were there and normally ride accordingly. In my car a big flashing speeding sign pops up for those times when she who must be obeyed is not there to advise me of my transgressions.

Cheers

Al

Carry the missus everywhere;):D

I've tried various radar detectors over the years with no real joy.....cruise control is the obvious solution but, **** that too dangerous on a bike imo

My GPS shows the speed limit where I'm riding, and the speed I'm going. The speed indicator turns red if I'm 3 miles over the limit.

Sometimes I almost forget that the numbers are supposed to be white. :whitstling:

Garmin GPS's can be set to sound a chime, (and it's a loud one) when speed is exceeded, by an amount of your choosing. This of course only works if the device knows the prescribed speed where you are. This not always the case, although on most models you can tell it what the speed is when it doesn't know. But on the Zumo models you cannot edit speeds while in motorcycle mode. You have to put it in car mode.

Back