Look To Buy / Would like some Opinions

I am glad I asked some questions and posted pictures. The owner says its an 06. I will email with some specific questions and I will let everyone know what the answers are. T

I just sent the owner some question, so we will se what the response is. What would be a good price for a bike like this. He is asking 9900, but I'm not paying that amount. It kind of send red flags for me though if the owner doesn't even know what year the bike is......

Date of manufacture and sell date may be different years.
That may be the problem with the date.
a simple mistake, no big deal.
Now, make sure you get any service records he has.
You'll probably ride 100,000 trouble free miles.
BUT...
You may not, anything can happen, not the owners fault, your fault or alot of time not even triumphs fault.
IF something does go wrong after you get it, you're in the right place for a knowledgable answer to any problem.
AND Triumph has been stepping up to the plate and paying for any known problems.
That's a big plus in my book.
Now for price.
Have two in mind.
The one you'd like to get it for,
and full price he's asking.
After your test ride y'all may not be that far apart..:D
oh yea,
WELCOME to the forum..

Just my Pet Peeve

Tdog, Since I am just a female Captain that rides an '05 with her Honey Bear that also rides and '05 I won't get into the technical sides that you have asked about and the others have commented on. But I will tell you that if you plan to have a passenger on a regular basis you will need to replace that passenger seat. Especially if she plans to ride further than about 30 miles.

Originally when I bought my bike I did all kinds of research on the bike and the possible accessories. But since then I haven't kept up with that aspect. Plus I have my bike pretty much the way I want it. But one clear memory is that seat! Ouch! And other ladies I have talked to that has to sit it while waiting for a better one to arrive all said the same thing.

If you get it have fun and watch out for the bugs in your teeth because you will be all smiles.

NEVER say ... "just" a woman ;)

Well I got a response from the owner and he gave me the vin# which I put into the Triumph Vin Decoder and it is true, it's an 06 with a silver engine. Makes me feel good about the owner. I xed out the last digits to protect this dudes VIN# but as you can see this is the print out from the website. He also told me that he had like 2k in aftermarket stuff like backrest and exhaust which looks stock but sounds better, (Don't really know about that) did someone debaffle and charge him an arm and a leg or is there an aftermarket exhuast that replicates stock. So it looks like 9500 would be the lowest price. Can I get a extended warranty for an 06, and if so, how and where......

2006 TRIUMPH

ROCKETT III

VIN:
SMTC00L46xxxxxxx

World region:
Europe

Manufactured in:
Great Britain

Year:

Make:
Triumph

Model:
ROCKETT III

Body style:
Road / Street

Drive type:
RWD

Cylinders:
3 Cylinders

If the Triumph VIN decoder says it's an 06 then it's an 06. That's the first silver engined 06 that I've seen.

Regardless, if in fact that the pipes have been replaced with the Cat box delete and the Triumph Off-Road (TOR) exhausts, then the 2k figure in accessories may not be that far off. The rack and backrest are about $500 by themselves.

Without much else on the bike, I'd say $9500 is still a little high. I'd see if he'd take $8500 and go no higher than $9k.

Back