London calling (Jam playing in the background)

och aye 2 pot

och, furryboots yi fay? Im from up that a way, and have a family house near the Torridon National Park which I go up often to.

I think its a bit of a photo call up there at some stage.. although it is RAMMED with motorcycle tourers (largely from Germany - must be a ferry from Europe over to Scotland or northern En-ger-land) during late spring and summer.

Well, that and caravans. Must. Kill. Them. All. Pointless snail type things.. havent they heard of hotels or bed and breakfasts.. or tents.. or motorbikes..

Anders - do an HP purchase with trade in or something for what you want, or a nicely fettled one with lots of toys - difficult choice, I empathise!

My 'problem':D is I live on the beach in Florida so have to have a bike with the weather here - now having ridden the R3 I am hooked - I also spend 6 'summer':eek::confused: months in the UK every year, so I am looking at 2 R3s, one in the UK, one Stateside - not the way I would have planned it but I see no way around this if I want to bike year 'round - I may buy a wreck at auction, hopefully with not too much damage, and do a project build in the USA - found a 2008 Red R3 a few months ago with 2000 on the clock on Ebay that had been softly dropped, just needed a new front brake rotor, a new headlight and maybe bar controls, + the tank was dented - well I'd put on Thunderbike bars anyways, and was considering a paint job too, anyhoos it went for just under $6,000, I bid on it but someone bought it locally, so something like that or maybe some Roadsters will be up for sale for the winter...:)

Phil I was just about to ask for a translation ....lol
I watch the BBC exclusively for my news, love topgear and drive a MINI Cooper S. Still, the slang throws me everytime. I speak that "midwestern newscaster english" and love the way brits and aussies talk to each other .... just wish I understood half of it. :p
If we get enough willing to teach maybe we can start a thread dedicated to educating the colonies on proper island english. Sign me up.

Greetings.

I too am in London but am moving to Portugal where I will buy a Rocket Roadster. Anyoone post on here live down there?

Back