buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2018
Hey,

So earlier last week I got comfortable trying out Tunes for my Rocket; one Tune actually stopped my bike from running so lean. Since then I met another Rocketer and he found a compatible Tune that requires the O2 sensor be unplugged. The instructions were to follow the cable up to the Right Side panel and just unplug the Pin, and the Tune itself takes out the error code.

If he were to get this bike Dyno with this Tune, but the O2 sensor is off, do you tell the Dyno Tuner, "hey O2 Sensor's off", or does he plug it back in, or does he load in back the original map?

Hey,

So earlier last week I got comfortable trying out Tunes for my Rocket; one Tune actually stopped my bike from running so lean. Since then I met another Rocketer and he found a compatible Tune that requires the O2 sensor be unplugged. The instructions were to follow the cable up to the Right Side panel and just unplug the Pin, and the Tune itself takes out the error code.

If he were to get this bike Dyno with this Tune, but the O2 sensor is off, do you tell the Dyno Tuner, "hey O2 Sensor's off", or does he plug it back in, or does he load in back the original map?
My dyno tuner wanted the o2 off when he tuned the Power Commander. I removed mine completely and plugged the hole.

Fortunately for my friend and I, we don't have to get PCV installed, Dyno uses TuneECU; so I wonder if the process is similar to yours, as to the O2 sensor being unplugged.

Why does the O2 sensor have to come off?

When I had my 14 dyno'd ( with PC-V) they left the 02 in. The tech sated you may not notice it although at high speeds it may miss once in a while. Might be BS but I left mine in for the dyno and it ran like a champ.

Back