Lightning Strike Kills Rider

Pig9r

Living Legend
Lightning Strike Kills Kansas Motorcyclist

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- A 45-year-old Lawrence man was killed when he was hit by lightning as he was riding his motorcycle as storms swept through northeast Kansas.

Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Herrig said the man was with six other motorcyclists who are members of the Bikers Against Child Abuse group. He was hit by lightning about 5 p.m. Saturday on U.S. 24 between Perry and Granville.

A man riding next to the victim was treated and released at a Topeka hospital. The other five members of the group were not injured.

Herrig said the motorcyclists were returning home after visiting some children they had helped in the past in their work against child abuse. He calls the man's death a "tragic, sad thing."

Lightning Strike Kills Kansas Motorcyclist - Kansas City News Story - KMBC Kansas City

unreal, this is one of those... if he had chatted 1 minute more before, or if they had ridden a bit slower or faster it wouldnt have happened.. the guys with him must have been blown away seeing this. bet they went to church on sunday

What are the odds? It looks rainy today...think I'll stay in. We rode to a goat cook off yesterday...could have used some of your "shrooms" Pig9r.

I rode into work on Sat (fri night) and the lightning was strong just north of me. A little rainy for me but no lightning and that thought crossed my mind. I thought the chances would be less but apparently not! Certainly a wake up call:D God bless him and the group he rides with and for:)

mutt

Raining cats, dogs, deer and all sorts of animals in San Angelo, Texas today. Severe thunderstorms and tornado watches all last night and today. Good rainfall so far and luckily no tornadoes.

Native One

Back