Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Since my new Classic Tourer will be coming with the leather bags (panniers), are they easily removable? Also found out that it does come with the luggage rack on the back of the sissy bar and pad...that was a nice surprise.
Dennis

Yes and No

Before I changed to Beetle Bags I had bags like yours. They're not quick release like some models but they're not that difficult to remove. Probably 10 minutes at most.

Maybe...

Dennis:

I have the same bags as you. There are (I think) 4 button head hex capscrews inside each bag that holds them to a frame that carries each bag. It is about a 10 minute dismount job but the frame remains. The first time I dismounted mine, I put some never sieze on each screw before I reinstalled them. I am also going to make aluminum inside liners for each bag as the bags tend to "droop" after a few loads....mine are sagging a little.....sort of old HD bags do, you know the "relaxed" look.

If you ever want to dismount the bags and frames, you'll need the stock chrome embelishers (to coin a Triumph word) to replace the modified embelishers that come with the bag mounts. The dealer should give you the stock ones as they have to be removed to mount the bag frames, at least mine did. I didn't get the chrome lower rails so I'm not sure if they mount to the bag frame or the bag itself and don't forget to get the bag liners if you can get them cheap. They are expensive by themselves and hefty bags work just as well...:D

I admired your pictures. Nice bike, you'll enjoy it. Just ride sanely 'till you get accustomed to the power.:)

What is that about the bottom side?

Do you mean that the bottom has some sort of "framing" or other for support?
Dennis

The bottom side does have steel supports. + The Tourer has wrap around "Dresser Rails" that should keep the bag shaped along with the underside support. The Dresser Rails are attached firmly to the frame(s) not the bags.

Last edited:
Back