Kick stand question

DO NOT DO THIS ON A ROCKET (DO NOT LET YOUR HAIR GET OUT OF CONTROL LIKE HIS EITHER!)!!!

This has become a 'thing' in my area and I see a lot of ****** Rocket Power Ranger types doing it for no logical reason as they could have driven in/out of the spot they felt a need to spin it around. Cool I guess??

Lenny

Mine is a Standard like Paul's and was a little different as it got put together at a race shop. I guess there they seemed to like Loctite red. So when I went to install the classic boards which has a different side stand, all the bolts came out with the female threads Loctited to the bolts . :( Mine now has stainless steel Helicoil inserts in it. The top front boss is not used and not even threaded. Also if needed, the front bosses can be thru drilled - actually they all can but you would need to have the sump pan off so yo can capture the chips. The rear upper and lower boss will run into a casting web. Go slow use more like a 150 degree drill point like drilling sheet metal. I have some other ideas but they would require actual machining not just drill and tapping.

I do remember an incident, though not who. And it was due to mishandling by a shipper.

What ***wit ships a 1/3 tonne bike on the stand?. It's why bike trailers support the weight on that which was built to take it - the suspension.

Still remember when I sold my Buell that the shipper (organised by buyer) strapped the bike down on the stand. They do the same on the ferries too - never been too happy with it.
I'll do you one better.
What ***wit designs a side stand that mounts to an engine case ???
what engineer thinks that's a good idea ?

So just out of curiosity , what is the correct/safe way to strap a rocket or any bike without a centre stand down whilst on a ferry??
I,ve always used the three points of contact way , front wheel, back wheel, side stand with steering lock on and bike in gear.
Or have i been doing it wrong?
Dont want to break the side stand so just asking??

Last edited:
Back