Key out of range

I have the same issue and changed the battery twice but I don't think it's a battery issue. What I have started doing is turn the fob off every time I stop and leave the bike. I turn it onto "green" when I'm sat on the bike and ready to start.
I have not had the out-of-range warning since I do this procedure. If you walk more than about 6ft away when the ignition is on and no engine running, it will be out of range, and it doesn't re-set when you come back in range. You need to turn off and start again. Bit frustrating but I don't think it's an actual malfunction, just not very user friendly. Hope this helps.
That makes a lot of sense, Thanks i will try this for a week and see how i get on. Thank you!

I have a Rocket 3 GT and it keep coming up key out of range. Dealer does not know and has not been helpful does anyone have the same problem or knows how to fix
I had that come up on my screen a few times then it said batt low, so ive change the battery seems to be ok now....

I was experiencing the same issue so I changed the battery which didn't improve the situation. I now press the FOB on when I am close to the bike and than switch the bike on. Thats all I do now and no error light on the screen yet. This worked for me......

IMO it is a random bug you simply have to live with. Neither garlic nor silver bullets work.
I simply ignore it as i did on the 1200 Scrambler i had with the same instrument cluster.

I have a Rocket 3 GT and it keep coming up key out of range. Dealer does not know and has not been helpful does anyone have the same problem or knows how to fix
Hi, I had same problems on my TFC and triumph finally sorted it with a software update. The key fob out of range seems to be a very intermittent disconnection problem with its communication system. I suspect some obscure radio interference???
What they have done is take away the key out of range signal on the dashboard! It seems...
I've not noticed a problem yet but a friend of mine lost his fob on the road and when he stopped, that was it, no restart and no idea where on the road his fob could be. If the out of range light came on he would have had a chance. I think Triumph could handle the fault and remedy better. My bike went back to the factory three times, and they lent me a bike each time, so no complaints. I just think the "repair" is a bit of a "Fix-up".
But for now, tell your dealer about the software update. Hope this helps, Cheers, Bob

Hi guys, I had posted my experience in another topic with this problem already, but nevermind. This error can easily be caused by your cellphone (found out on my Speed Triple, but the key system is the same as Rocket's), so just try to avoid having a cell anywhere near the key FOB or in the line between the key FOB and the bike receiver of its signal, cellphone disturbs the signal, hence the error which sometimes pops up :) Try it, you'll see ;-)

Back