Ive had the 'low battery' warning 6 months after buying the bike, replaced the battery, all good since then, I do turn off the fob once the R3 is put away, again for both reasons....

Low battery in the fob within the first two weeks. Replaced it & just the occasional brief out of range error now, but it hasn't prevented the bike from running.
I've always turned the fob off when not riding.

Does your sometimes not start?
I have to hit fob button once to get it to recognize. Mentioning to dealer tomorrow.
I have the out of range message sometimes too.
Never had any issue starting. I just randomly get the out of range or low battery warning on the TFT. Even with a new battery it still does the same thing. I've tried different brands of batteries just in case and it made no difference. Keeping my key in my left back pocket greatly reduces the odds of seeing one of the warnings.

Turning it off saves battery and keeps it from being "scanned" which means someone intercepts the RF signal and gets the passkey to your bike and can program it into something of theirs and take your bike.

I ****ing hate my key fob. Fresh battery and it randomly gives me out of range errors with the fob being 5 inches away from the sensor. Arrrgh
Mine does the same but it’s sporadic!!

I had the fob issue too but starting issue still occurred - turned out it was corrosion on the battery cable terminals of the bike, not the fob.
A quick clean with a Dremel wire wheel and it's been perfect ever since.

A friends R had the same corrosion on the terminals too.

I had the fob issue too but starting issue still occurred - turned out it was corrosion on the battery cable terminals of the bike, not the fob.
A quick clean with a Dremel wire wheel and it's been perfect ever since.

A friends R had the same corrosion on the terminals too.
One suggestion, add Dielectric Grease on the terminals of the battery after cleaning them.

Back