EskimoPie

Supercharged
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
Is the "off" button on the key fob really to save battery life or is it simply a security measure so your bike can't pick up the signal through a wall or something and let someone start your bike?

Has anybody actually had a battery go dead yet? If so, do you feel it was because you left your fob on a lot?

Is the "off" button on the key fob really to save battery life or is it simply a security measure so your bike can't pick up the signal through a wall or something and let someone start your bike?

Has anybody actually had a battery go dead yet? If so, do you feel it was because you left your fob on a lot?
I changed the battery in the FOB as soon as i got the bike and keep a spare in the space under the seat, haven't had it die yet and it has been just over a year now. My understanding on turning the FOB off was to keep someone from starting, and taking off with your bike, like when your close enough to be in range, but it is out of your line of sight

My bike is a year old and I had a key fob low battery message the other day. I just went to take a pic of the message and it's gone now. Not sure if I really had a low battery or not now.

Turning it off saves battery and keeps it from being "scanned" which means someone intercepts the RF signal and gets the passkey to your bike and can program it into something of theirs and take your bike.

I ****ing hate my key fob. Fresh battery and it randomly gives me out of range errors with the fob being 5 inches away from the sensor. Arrrgh

My bike is a year old and I had a key fob low battery message the other day. I just went to take a pic of the message and it's gone now. Not sure if I really had a low battery or not now.
Mine loves to randomly show low battery and out of range when it's not. It does it a lot.

Do you guys all have wireless phone charging mounts? I started getting those warnings after installing my mount, but I found that keeping the fob in my left pants pocket virtually eliminated them.

Do you guys all have wireless phone charging mounts? I started getting those warnings after installing my mount, but I found that keeping the fob in my left pants pocket virtually eliminated them.
I keep mine in my left pockets. For a while keeping it in my back left pocket, which is apparently closer to the sensor and for about a week I got no warnings. Then they started happening regularly again. I tried my left front pocket and for a few days I got no warnings.. then started getting them again.

I notice that if I have my phone with my keyfob, both in the front left pocket.. I never get the warnings. It's like my phone is signal boosting the key fob. It's the weirdest thing.

Back