Key fob battery replacement

Something is definitely 'poorly' designed in this system, mine showed a low battery again 2 weeks ago, but since then has not shown the message again... :confused:

Been through three batteries on mine. Measured each new and old battery upon removal and replacement. A new battery measure approximately 3.29v and the out of range/ battery dead seems to occur at 2.9v. To me that means you don't get much life on a new battery before you need to replace. Amazing that other vehicle remotes goes for years, are much more compact, and do much more than just turning on ignition. The remote fob for the Triumph is actually quite archaic.

Been through three batteries on mine. Measured each new and old battery upon removal and replacement. A new battery measure approximately 3.29v and the out of range/ battery dead seems to occur at 2.9v. To me that means you don't get much life on a new battery before you need to replace. Amazing that other vehicle remotes goes for years, are much more compact, and do much more than just turning on ignition. The remote fob for the Triumph is actually quite archaic.
Are you sure your low battery/fob out of range warning is because of battery?

I replaced the battery in my key fob the first time i saw that message days after purchasing the bike... last year in February, and once this last February as it started showing the same message. Other batteries from the same blister pack lasted about only 3 months daylight in my RMSC Shield Optic which according to specifications should use one battery every 22,000 hours if you keep it in a dark box... right.. that is like 3 years projecting a little led non stop.. no way. But I turn off my key fob after each ride, so... I will call this one battery/5000 miles or 1 year for me. I carry a fresh battery in the bike just in case.

And just watched my neighbor trying to unlock her apartment door that have one of those fancy smart locks with a code and looks like the battery is gone... she will have to wait for her husband now to arrive with they key... taking about solutions for problems that do not existed in first place...

Last edited:
Back