Key fob battery replacement

Antek

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 TFC
Folks,

I am reading the owner’s handbook and have removed the 1.5mm Allen screw at which point the manual says to remove the battery, however mine appears to have a secondary ring retaining it and besides depressing the battery there is no movement. What am I missing? 🤨

Ok that did it, jimmy it gently with a small screwdriver from the side with the two protrusions and put it came with ease.

PS. I’d hate to do this when on a road trip.

Note that that the fob will still work without the battery. So will the spare keys but you have to hold them against the sensor on the back fender. Certainly not inferring anyone didn't know...:)
Actually I appreciate that tid-bit of knowledge. I thought only the spare key had that capability.

Folks,

I am reading the owner’s handbook and have removed the 1.5mm Allen screw at which point the manual says to remove the battery, however mine appears to have a secondary ring retaining it and besides depressing the battery there is no movement. What am I mi

Folks,

I am reading the owner’s handbook and have removed the 1.5mm Allen screw at which point the manual says to remove the battery, however mine appears to have a secondary ring retaining it and besides depressing the battery there is no movement. What am I missing? 🤨
There's a video explainer on YouTube for anyone interested. A bit fiddly but worth doing to prevent those out of range issues on the dash.

Mine had the fob warning occur within two weeks of purchase, I brought it in and they changed the battery for me. .....Only charged me $3.99 LOL. + tax (It's not Canadian without the tax)

If you do use the fobs against the fender....be patient. Place the key approximately half way between the pannier mounts on the 45 degree flat about center. Turn the bike off then on and give it a few seconds to react. Works like a charm but it appears finicky on placement.

Back