AstroRocket

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph Bobber
Hi all,

Moving Cali -> Denver in a few weeks, been riding for only 2 or so years now. I ride a 2019 Triumph Bobber, pretty active over on that forum. I have a short list of 2nd bikes (technically 4th bike, as bobber is my 3rd), the Rocket 3 is the top spot. Kind of nervous to even talk about the bike since I'm newer to riding but figured I would join, say hi, gather some info and see what people are saying about the bike. Definitely a future goal to own one. I'll stay hidden since I don't own one, hopefully that is cool. Thanks all 🤙

welcome from arizona
we have seen u lurking and hoped u would join. u will love the rocket old or new. but it is hard to get ride of the permanent grin that it will give u.

Hello @AstroRocket and welcome from Virginia. You will love the riding offered by the Rockies and even the high plains of Colorado. I leaved there for a few years and miss that the most.
As for the Rocket, go ahead and get one. If you are truly worried about the power and speed they offer, just stay away from the black ones, they are the fastest...

Hello @AstroRocket and welcome from Virginia. You will love the riding offered by the Rockies and even the high plains of Colorado. I leaved there for a few years and miss that the most.
As for the Rocket, go ahead and get one. If you are truly worried about the power and speed they offer, just stay away from the black ones, they are the fastest...

haha alright I'll keep that in mind thanks.

It is way less the power/torque that I'd be worried about than it is the overall size/weight/maneuverability at low speeds. I've seen a million videos on it and everyone says its absurdly light and nimble, including low speeds, but still something to consider when my main bike is the bobber and if I get in a weird situation with the bobber I can just plant my feet and walk away with it under one of my arms like a laptop bag lol

haha alright I'll keep that in mind thanks.

It is way less the power/torque that I'd be worried about than it is the overall size/weight/maneuverability at low speeds. I've seen a million videos on it and everyone says its absurdly light and nimble, including low speeds, but still something to consider when my main bike is the bobber and if I get in a weird situation with the bobber I can just plant my feet and walk away with it under one of my arms like a laptop bag lol
I myself do not feel it is so darn heavy. Each year I attend biker parties where we have certain games. One of these, the backyard slow race is particularly fun for me. We race down a short course to see who can go the slowest over the grassy bumps. If you put your foot down, you loose. I routinely beat the sportster guys who go nuts being beat by a bike as big as my touring...
Backyard races.jpg

Back