Just how much grip can you expect in the wet?

Tread lightly in the rain no matter what. My over 2 million miles of truck driving skills tell me to accelerate lightly and brake long and light.

One of the perks of Idaho living. Well over 300 days a year of dry roads.

It's amazing how much confidence you can have when the bikes not your's and you no there's been no traffic on the skid pan leaking oil, diesel and what ever else on it.

....and the water is not 1/2" deep sheering at right angles across the road. No manhole covers - But the NO DIESEL is the thing. It's easier to ride on ice.

....and the water is not 1/2" deep sheering at right angles across the road. No manhole covers - But the NO DIESEL is the thing. It's easier to ride on ice.

Yes best to use caution if it's your bike on a public road in the wet you don't know whats around the corner and the damage will belong to you. In saying that it is amazing how quick you can ride a Rocket in the wet if your having a good day. You just have to be smooth and think about what your doing and a bit of luck that no one else has left anything on the road.

As you all know, letting it rain for a bit if possible to wash away fresh oil etc. is wise but I will tell you a mistake I made on a previous bike where I was riding through a rain storm -- no problems-- until I hit the leading edge of the storm. Hit fresh oil and went down, in turn, going maybe 5mph. The Rocket seems very sure footed in rain on Metz and I have ridden, this year, about 2,000 miles in rain. I am now running a Bridgs 255 and it has not yet rained. My soon to be replaced front tire will have wet traction as an important requirement. No matter what, slow it down, stay off painted stuff, covers and shinny shimmering wet. But, for me, I enjoy riding in the rain.

Back