Just found the bike i was looking for

I am suffering from MBD and Lovin it!
I think its cool. It is probably a blast to ride. Dont concern yourself with the narrow minded folks that cant look past the bars of their Rockets. I have a few bikes for just that reason. To ride something lighter and different once in awhile. You should check out the little Duke, that is a really cool bike too.

Did you ever pick up the bmw? Quite like the look of them myself, loads of nice touches like the plated nuts on the exhaust manifold that wont rust, radial mounted calipers, neat electrical layout, logical component positioning for servicing etc. Only bit I wasn't keen on with them is the long bolts that mount the starter motor are exposed at the front of the engine and will be a failure point in time. So long as they are pulled out, copper greased and put back in when the bike is newish there shouldnt be anything to worry about.

Not a fan of ktm really, don't know what the climate is like where you are but they use magnesium alloy castings for engine casings and in the uk they go all furry and horrible within a year or two, electrical system is another issue, components are just slapped on wherever they find space and they got the connector weather proofing half right, it has a tendancy to seal a load of moisture in and not let it back out and lead to nasty green and black wires and repairs required.

A friend of mine raced a ktm exc for a while, said it was brilliant at winning races but was very high maintenance, cost a lot to keep running and the finish was poor, he preferred his yamaha wr, not as fancy looking but raced it for years without having to do anything beyond basic maintenance.

Its something that bugs me about bike mags, they do a review and talk about all the latest bling on the bike and which one is more powerful etc, what they dont ever mention is how well it will last in real world use and which one is going to be the furry rusty heap within a few years of uk winters and wet weather commuting. I guess thats what happens when you only get paid to ride a bike for an afternoon and base your whole judgement on those few hours.

Looks like it could be a neat toy. And remember, those that gay bash are just insecure in their own sexuality :D

Check out the KTM also

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 12.00.04 AM.png
Actually saw one of these in the flesh yesterday the guy ridding it said it was great on the twisty stuff .....lots of fun can't say I would want do to much touring on it thou

Last edited:
Back