Just bought my house!!

It's funny,I feel like I'm moving to paradise from here. I've been scouting out some of the amazing roads in the area, not sure where I want to go first, but one thing is a certainty, the R3 is going to get some SERIOUS miles in 2017. Hawaii's pretty and all to ride in, but it only takes me about 1hr 45min to go all the way around the island, and there's only a few good roads, all of which are very short. There is also, quite literally, not a single spot I can actually wind the R3 out to her top speed, 155 had me climbing all over the brakes at the end of the longest straight I know of here.

Really can't wait to get on a track there and finally be able to ride to my own limits without fear of death/jail, and see if I can force myself to drag pegs (something I haven't done since I've raised the bike's suspension). I find I'm cornering slower a bit as I get older, having that mental block to fully committing to trust the front tire to not wash out, thinking I might need a day playing on my sportbike to fix that.

Perhaps the 2017 summer ride I'd like to set up can help serve as part of your WA State tour?

I've always wondered that there just has to be limited amount of roads on a island. Seeing your post answered that question. Doesn't WA get a lot of snow? :eek:

I've always wondered that there just has to be limited amount of roads on a island. Seeing your post answered that question. Doesn't WA get a lot of snow? :eek:

In the mountains, but seldom on the west side.
2007 was our last decent snow here in the Seattle- Tacoma area.
1-10-7 G.jpg 1-10-7 B.jpg 1-10-7 D.jpg

Eastern WA gets pretty icy and snowy, but here on the west side, we'll get a good storm or two each year with not much more than 6" or so at a time. It stays on the ground a couple of days and melts to rain. I avoid riding in the rain and I manage to ride to work through out most of the year. I think I only parked my bike about a month last year.

Welcome from Sammamish, WA though the wife and I are possibly moving to the Tri-Cities if my job opportunity works out (hoping so as that'll make me a R3 captain).

So we'v bought a house in Olympia, WA. Looking around the area, I think I am going to plan on playing at the 1/4 mile strip in bremerton and doing track days in Pacific Raceway. Does anyone know if PR does non-sportbike trackdays at all? I don't mind running on normal trackdays, but I would really rather not be holding up the faster cornering bikes if possible like I will be if there are sportbikes on track.

Anything to know about Bremerton quarter track? I've read it hooks really well.

Thanks

I understand your concern about other riders and cornering speeds ... turn 1 at my local track I drag the exhaust at 80 and the sports crowd ride around me at 100 at least ... by the end of 2 straights the litre bikes are far enough ahead of me that I'm not in their way and anything else is just a blurry mess in my mirrors...that's on a short track too - 64/5 sec lap times.

Thinking, if I have to ride on normal track days, I'll stick in the slow or medium groups, just to minimize the number of bubbas i'll be holding up in the corners (straights I suspect it'll be them in my way :p).

I do stick to the medium group. Generally the big girl pulls enough of a gap that the 6/7/800 bikes don't catch back up and the bigger bikes only pull out about 4 secs a lap so not quick enough to lap me (we only allowed 10 lap sessions)...just means I ride around by myself lol

...also, I'm only running 125rwhp so you might be able to get close enough to the litres to be a nuisance

Back